StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole practice accountability thread!

• Anzia

October 21, 2014 at 2:47 am

Did a bit of arms/back flex before bed, and then in a burst of enthusiasm I’ve just done wrists and abs before work!

• Anzia

October 21, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Feeling really happy! I did butterfly to flatline scorpio twice on each side!!! Messy and awkward, but at least I’ve got something to improve on now. Also did some stretching.

• dustbunny

October 21, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I went to my dance class today and got a good cardio workout!

• Dolce Vita

October 21, 2014 at 9:26 pm

@tigerlillies I live about an hour from you, less if there’s not a lot of traffic. I live near the Macon area. We should get together sometime and pole together!!

• Anzia

October 22, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I think I’m getting my mojo back. Good class tonight and for once I’m looking forward to practising some more at home 🙂

• SToast

October 22, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Didn’t get my workout in today. Had unexpected company. However, I plan on a nice stretch session right before bed. Congrats Anzia on your butterfly-FLscorpio. The FL scorpio is still eluding me.

• dustbunny

October 22, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Today was my rest day! Went for a long walk with hubby and dog after the sun went down. It’s a clear night and the sky was full of stars. It’s only about 2 degrees Celsius (or 34 degrees Fahrenheit) here this evening, getting chilly. 🙂

• Sierra Taye

October 22, 2014 at 9:41 pm

I would love to do this, going to writte it down in my pole notebook after practice today then post it. I only practice at home and am self taught, don’t have lessons at the moment (mine just expired!) so I really struggle with actually practicing, because I have no pole friends I regularly talk to haha! So no one knows but me…

• Sierra Taye

October 22, 2014 at 9:42 pm

But I do post at least one video fr every practice I do onto Instagram at (sierrataye) if anyone wants to help encourage each other on there, let me know it’s you!! 🙂

• Anzia

October 23, 2014 at 2:02 am

I’ll follow you on IG 🙂 I’m __Anzia__ but I haven’t posted anything myself yet due to cowardice lol.
    SToast – thanks! Not sure anyone else would recognise it as fls yet to be honest but at least it’s a start!
    Dustbunny, what a lovely description. Autumn and winter are my favourite times of year 🙂

• Eden Body

October 23, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I’m in! I’m currently doing Veena’s 30 day take off program. I’ve already made up my pole practice schedule to continue on after the 30 days are up. It looks something like this…
    Monday-Veena’s Pole Strength Routine and work on 2-3 beginner pole moves
    Tuesday- Veena’s Front and Middle Splits Routine
    Wednesday- Rest Day
    Thursday- Shoulder and Hand Stands
    Friday- Floor Work, Transitions, Free Dance
    Saturday- Veena’s Front and Middle Splits Routine
    Sunday- Rest Day

• Sierra Taye

October 23, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Just finished recovering from a back injury that was unrelated to pole. I pinched a nerve or something in my lower spine, and I couldn’t walk for a few days (had to take it off work) and then I couldn’t really do anything strenuous (even crouching to pick something up). But I finally (and safely!!) got back on the pole last night! I took it very easy, only did a handful in inverts, but mainly just flowed. So happy to be moving again. 🙂 and I followed you back, can’t wait to see you post!

• Anzia

October 23, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Wild Lotus, wow! Impressively organised! You’ll make fab progress with that schedule. Keep us updated 🙂
    Sierra, that sounds so painful 🙁 Glad it’s better now. It’s soooo frustrating being forced to take time off.
    I managed some better inverts in class tonight though they’re still not back where they were.
    I’m taking tomorrow off from pole as my upper back has worked hard the last two evenings and I’m feeling it, but I’ll do wrists, hamstrings and abs in the morning and some stretches in the eve. That’s the plan, anyway 😀

• dustbunny

October 23, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Today was supposed to be a back mobility day but in the spirit of listening to my body i did lower body instead. Veena’s hard core warm up followed by front splits routine. Actually had to leave before I finished the routine, we ran out the door to go see the partial solar eclipse!

• Amani

October 23, 2014 at 10:08 pm

I feel so much better to see I am not the only one with this issue. I haven’t had time off but I have gained some weight which is discouraging. Yesterday I made a list of goals on index cards and hung them on my wall by my pole. Hopefully that will add structure to my practices BUT I have to get myself to practice more. Freestyle, splits, and handstand seem popular on this thread. They are on my list too.

Page 2 of 12