StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole practice accountability thread!

• Slkysmth

October 27, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Thank you dustbunny! My Chiro said i strained/pulled it where the hamstring muscle connects to the bone. It’s in the most awkward spot! O_o
    I look like I’m icing my…well…you can figure it out! Yikes it’s cold!

• Anzia

October 27, 2014 at 2:38 pm

I’m in so much pain 🙁 I wish new moves didn’t hurt so badly. I need to watch Veena’s lessons on a few things to pick up some tips. But – a non painful one – I got my first ever aerial invert! I only tried on my good side so I’ll try the other side as well next time. Really pleased 😀

• dustbunny

October 27, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Well I did my conditioning today just before a scheduled Skype with Luvlee. Then we poled for an hour. So I’m wiped! Good news, I got my SG aysha thanks to a couple tips from Luvlee. The camera was running so hopefully I’ll have a pic up soon!

• Anzia

October 27, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Well done db!

• Slkysmth

October 27, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Well done to both of you!!
    I am unsure if I want to go for a jog, gym time, pole or a combo of two?! 😊

• Anzia

October 28, 2014 at 3:07 pm

What did you decide? 🙂

• Slkysmth

October 28, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I decided to just do a floor work DVD but did one too many shoulder rolls and got a kink in my neck within a couple hours of practicing! Wth?! I seriously feel like a really old lady right now! I cannot believe the aches and pains and easy injuries I’m getting when I used to not! Tonight I am resting 100%. If I do anything at all tonight it’s gonna be to take my dog for a walk! Thank you for checking up on me!!! Love love love it!

• dustbunny

October 28, 2014 at 11:58 pm

We all have those days Slkysmth. I feel old today too after that Skype with Luvlee. It was supposed to be a cardio day but I needed the rest and decided to foam roll. Tomorrow was scheduled rest, if I have time I’ll do some hooping or maybe go for a walk. 😊

• Anzia

October 29, 2014 at 2:42 am

I took yesterday off because my bruising and swelling from the private lesson was (is) too painful to get back on the pole. Class tonight, eeeek. If it involves any knee pit grips, I’ll die. But I did walk round a stately home ruin and its grounds all day with a friend for exercise and I’m going to run this morning and then do stretches. I’m still so chuffed about the aerial invert! I really hope I’ve still got it tonight!

Slkysmth, your dog is so cute 🙂

• Anzia

October 29, 2014 at 4:59 am

Run and stretches done. Bring on the class!!

• Anzia

October 29, 2014 at 4:31 pm

I felt sooooo ill this afternoon I nearly skipped class, but this thread really works cos I didn’t want to post I hadn’t gone… so I drove there and luckily felt better by the time I arrived! Practised butterfly to flatline scorpio and my teacher gave me some helpful tips. Also kept practising invert crucifix – tammy – hercules, but I’m struggling with maintaining the thigh hold from tammy to hercules. One to keep trying!

• dustbunny

October 29, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Anzia, what is a Hercules?

• Slkysmth

October 29, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Yes what is it Tammy too??

• tigerlillies

October 29, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Well me and Milla Gray hung out and did a small pole session on Sunday. It was great not only did I make a new friend but now have someone to pole with. Haven’t been able to pole since then ended u hurting my back moving a 202 lb. box for my mom so have to let it heal up should be good by this weekend well I hope it is. Plan on doing some light stretching tomorrow to help get out any links in my back.

• Anzia

October 30, 2014 at 2:51 am

I’ve checked Veena’s lessons and tammy is an inverted thigh hold and hercules is an inverted hip hold.

Page 4 of 12