StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole practice accountability thread!

• Anzia

November 3, 2014 at 4:40 pm

My friend had to cancel yesterday so I poled alone (sniff) and made the OH spot me. More practice tomorrow!

• Anzia

November 4, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Nearly got a side saddle superman on my good side πŸ˜€ Sooooo close. Then I noticed a spider lurking on the top plate of the pole and I had to retreat to a safe distance, so I did some sit ups instead. Anyway, pole practice 90% completed!

• Slkysmth

November 4, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I had to look up the side saddle superman….that is pretty!! I must try this!

I’m feeling frustrated as all hell right now…..spinning pole is not easy. Period.
    I’m trying to do that simple (ha!) move where you just grab on to the pole engage your shoulders and spin (either pencil style or legs spread) and my body wants to twist/wrap around the pole. WHY CANT I STAY PUT???
    I envision myself on the pole feeling so graceful, elegant, and strong but when I get home and touch the pole it quickly fades. I’m feeling frustrated right now. I want to dance but I put soo much pressure on myself I freeze, fumble, aNd in my head, fail. Suggestions, advice, hell, words of encouragement are greatly welcome! Lol. Back to try this again.

• dustbunny

November 4, 2014 at 8:35 pm

@slkysmth That “simple” move is really not. It takes a ton of core engagement not to swing and spin. Just keep practicing you will get it.

• Slkysmth

November 4, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Dustbunny! I appreciate that. Engage core. Got it!
    I did dance (and recorded) tonight. Not a great recording as i had to use my tablet which is so close still when zoomed out. I’m gonna attempt to edit the ending if when I was done (never done that before either) and post. It’s mostly legs but it’s a recording nonetheless.

• Anzia

November 5, 2014 at 1:30 am

Slkysmth – centrifugal force!! Dustbunny is right, you’ll need to be really strong throughout your core to stay straight to the pole when the force of the spin is pulling you around. Not that I have any real tips, being a static girl so far lol. I think I’ve only ever done three beginner spins on spinny (like a fire lady, that sort of thing). Looking forward to seeing your vid πŸ™‚

• Danniacc47

November 5, 2014 at 9:06 am

It took me months of practice to get the pencil. Spinning pole is really hard, my legs would swing sideways all the time. As the girls already told you, it’s core strength. Engage those abs, and don’t be so hard on yourself. We usually see here all those videos where girls are doing amazing stuff but you have to take into account that we only post the video where we actually got the move. I never post the videos where I’m just struggling and failing miserably. I have tons of those lol. We all struggle with this, take your time and try to focus on different moves, not just that one. If you work on other things you’ll develop the core and the pencil will become easier.

• Slkysmth

November 5, 2014 at 10:58 am

Danniac47 Aww oh so true on the video postings! Lol! I appreciate you kind reminder. I will keep working other things too! Thanx all!

• dustbunny

November 5, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I haven’t posted in a few days but I have been keeping on track with my daily workouts. Today is a rest day so I’m just going to do some conditioning for feet and hands. Γ°ΕΈβ€˜Β

• Anzia

November 5, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Nice one dustbunny πŸ™‚ Busy day/eve for me so nothing to report, but it’s class again tomorrow.

• Anzia

November 7, 2014 at 2:16 am

I had to skip class because of neighbours letting fireworks off. I didn’t want to leave the dogs alone. And then I didn’t pole at home either, just kept making excuses to put it off until it was too late. I know why. I’m beyond fed up of thinking about that combo. I even had a bad dream about the show earlier this week. It’s stressing me and taking all the fun out of pole. I’m going to talk to my instructor about finding a new (easier) combo for me to do because I want to enjoy pole again and look forward to practising, instead of dreading it and feeling pressurised πŸ™

• dustbunny

November 7, 2014 at 11:09 pm

l hope you and your instructor can find something that will work better for you Anzia. I did some conditioning today, worked on some choreo for my classes and tried a couple new moves and transitions. Tomorrow is a scheduled hooping day but I plan on giving a foam roller lesson to a friend, and that may be all I have time for.

• Anzia

November 8, 2014 at 1:23 am

Thanks dustbunny πŸ™‚ Hope your friend enjoys the lesson!

• Slkysmth

November 8, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Anzia! That takes a strong person to say “this is more than I can handle right now”! I give you mad props!!! Were you able to come up with something different?

I’m sorry I haven’t posted in a while. Super busy and well frankly nothing to post. My husband noticed My vaulted ceiling mount had a slight malfunction earlier this week so it is off limits til it can be fixed. Γ°ΕΈΛœβ€ *sad sad face. (Tomorrow it should be fixed).
    My daughter and her volleyball team won Districts so now they are off to state so that has occupied my tue and thur. My work had a formal function to attend so I literally spend two days after work to find that perfect dress ( last minute I found The One!) and then yesterday was the event and took it to an after hours party till 330am! Eeks. Needless to say I didn’t make it to the gym this morning either but going tonight! I did have a night of handstand, forearm stands, and various yoga poses but that has been it’. Going to the gym tomorrow in the morning to do PIYO and then straight to pole class! (Happy dance!)

• Anzia

November 9, 2014 at 3:31 am

Thank you slkysmth πŸ™‚ I’m seeing my instructor in under 3 hours for the rehearsal so I’ll talk with her then. Luckily the show isn’t until 20 Dec!
    Wow, that’s fantastic about your daughter and her team! Tell her congratulations! And the event sounds great. It’s so nice going to something and feeling really awesome in your outfit πŸ™‚
    Hope your ceiling mount is fixed quickly. What’s PIYO? πŸ™‚

Page 6 of 12

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now