StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole practice accountability thread!

• Later

November 17, 2014 at 11:55 am

It’s okay girls no worries I know I’m asking a lot. So far I’m doing okay. I might finally just e determined enough for once to make it happen

• dustbunny

November 17, 2014 at 3:52 pm

You can do it Savy! Today I worked on aysha again with a goal of bringing my legs back to the pole instead of allowing myself to “fall” out of it. Even if i can’t get the Aysha yet I can work on nice form. It’s still close but still not there… video to come when I have time. Tried a couple other things too, but I’ve been sick for the last few days and the Aysha’s pretty much wiped me out.
    I’m happy with that for today. 😴

• Anzia

November 17, 2014 at 4:52 pm

I feel guilty about my unproductive sick day, so I just did some shoulder mount prep from the floor and a couple of back stretches.

• Anzia

November 18, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Morning exercises and a private pole class done. In class I tried a spin I haven’t managed before (crossover spin) and got it on my good side. The bad side has some catching up to do but still made a good effort! Then I ruined my hard work by eating a giant bag of crisps (potato chips) and a large bar of chocolate afterwards. When will I learn not to go food shopping when I’m hungry?!

• Slkysmth

November 18, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Anzia! Ha! I feel we have all done that a few times! I am off to the gym tonight. Taking a day off pole. My forearms are very angry with me from Sundays sesh. Having my neighbor over again tomorrow night for her second pole lesson!

• Anzia

November 20, 2014 at 1:35 am

Hope your neighbour’s lesson goes well πŸ™‚
    I waa gutted to miss pole class yesterday. I had to travel for work so I set off crazy early and couldn’t do my morning exercises. Then my boss called and asked me to go on to another client meeting later in the day. I had been going to travel straight from meetings to class, but instead I ended up getting home just before 10 pm. I’m knackered. There’s another class tonight though.

• Slkysmth

November 20, 2014 at 8:42 am

Yes my neighbors pole lessons went well! She was a little more discouraged today than last week, but only because she was having a harder time grasping the concept of some of the spins. I just encourage sure that is normal and it does come together! Now if I can only give myself the same words of encouragement. I tried free styling last night to only get extremely frustrated smacking my head on the ground Bonking on the pole, falling over! Ugh! I i’m really struggling with freestyle dancing right now and it’s discouraging to say the least. Oh and I had it on spinning mode which I don’t know how to dance on. So let’s just make that a double frustration! I have a sexy pole Christmas workshop to go to tonight so hopefully that will pull me out of my funk!
    Anzia, your day sounded very exhausting just to read about it! Up early and to bed late sucks

• Anzia

November 20, 2014 at 11:57 am

I hear you on the freedance frustration! I have that even on static πŸ˜€ Enjoy the workshop tonight. I’m looking forward to class, though still very tired.

• Anzia

November 22, 2014 at 3:47 am

I’m sick again πŸ™ which is why there haven’t been any updates. So tired and drained. It’s 100% because of work stress. I really struggled to finish class on Thursday. I’ve got a private lesson booked today but I don’t think I’m going to be able to invert and practice my combo. When I make cups of tea, I’m having to lift the kettle with both hands because it feels so heavy! My body’s like 1000 times heavier! I might cancel the lesson and lose the money so I can stay home and keep recovering. Grrrrr πŸ™

• GeekStrength

November 22, 2014 at 11:47 am

Anzia I hope you feel better soon! Take care of yourself. It’s been a few days since I’ve checked in. On Tuesday I had my 2 hours class. Wednesday I did the SV 30 Day. Thursday I needed to rest. Friday was a 1 hour class. Today I’m going to a Spinny Pole class and will do conditioning this afternoon. So excited! I’ve been on static all this time, just played a little on spinny, but now I’m ready to get serious about learning.

• Anzia

November 22, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Thanks GS! Wow, you’ve been busy πŸ™‚ I had a good pole lesson in the end, though it’s frustrating feeling so exhausted all the time. I managed my combo all the way through – woohoo! We also tried pencil on spinny. I’ve been sneaking a few minutes each class on the spinny stage pole and I love it πŸ˜€ I’m going to practice at home!

• Slkysmth

November 22, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Anzia. Take care of yourself and feel better soon!

• Anzia

November 25, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Fab private lesson tonight. I did my combo all the way through with only a few weird noises of effort (lol). I also got a handstand! Ok, only from sliding down the pole – not actually springing into one – but it was a bit of a nemesis so I’m very happy. We also did some more spinny pole, yay! Now I’m home I’ve done some back and shoulder stretches too.
    Hope everyone else is getting on okay?

• dustbunny

November 25, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Ok so I hurt my back shoveling snow about a week ago, so I have been resting, foam rolling, light stretching but that’s about it. Yesterday though I had a pole play date that went well. I kind of took it easy and didn’t push myself too hard, any kind of twisting still hurts but inverting and spins seem to be fine, yay! Tonight I have dance class, I missed it last week due to the snowstorm, but am excited to be back at it tonight.

• Anzia

November 25, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Sorry your back was bad db πŸ™ That’s good that it’s getting better though. Enjoy dance class!

Page 8 of 12

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now