StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole practice accountability thread!

• dustbunny

November 25, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Thanks anzia, I’m glad your new combo is going well. ☺

• Anzia

November 26, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Awesome lesson! I worked HARD! I got a new move but I can’t remember what it was called or what I did lol. It was at the start of the lesson and my brain has packed in since then. I’ve got to urgently start working on my flexibility. That’s going to be my biggest blocker with the moves coming up in the future. My hip flexors, upper back and shoulders are especially stiff. I have a new focus!

• Slkysmth

November 27, 2014 at 1:15 am

Anzia! It’s awesome to read your excitement from your class!!! *clapping hands!*
    I haven’t got to pole for about a week and I’m actually craving it right now. I’m still struggling to find a balance of gym, pole, yoga/flexibility, and family. This week I won’t get to pole til Sunday. We are at my parents house for several days for Thanxgiving. I did bring some workout routines to do though that are pole strengthing exercises that don’t need a pole. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanxgiving!(for those that celebrate it this Thursday) will check in soon. 🙂

• Anzia

November 27, 2014 at 2:49 am

Thanks Slkysmth! Happy Thanksgiving 🙂

• Beautiful Girl 14

November 27, 2014 at 3:34 am

Hope you complete your 3 goals… good luck!

• Anzia

November 29, 2014 at 11:11 am

Two lessons since I last posted and I am DONE for this week! My shoulders need a break now! Happy with my progress though. Hope everyone’s had a good week/Thanksgiving and you’re all enjoying your weekends 🙂

• Slkysmth

November 30, 2014 at 4:09 pm

So I havent worked out,stretched, poled, or ate right for a week! Yikes!! I am getting ready to pole now though! I have two workshops this week and may go to class tomorrow. Amongst my busy schedule I will find time to hit the gym! I hope everyone has a successful week at whatever it is you will be doing!

• Anzia

December 2, 2014 at 2:13 am

I am really appreciating my 4 days off! My shoulders are feeling better. My left calf is still very tight and painful but I think it will be much better by Thursday when I pole again. I feel super relaxed despite work, which is an unusual and nice feeling lol.

• Slkysmth

December 2, 2014 at 8:41 am

Just checking in- I poled Sunday and was able to get (with chair assistance) the twisted grip Ayesha! Or maybe it is a TG handspring? Either way, I’m pretty excited! My body ached horribly the following day. I was suppose to go to trickery (inversions) class but it got cancelled. That was a blessing in disguise. I think I’m hittin the gym tonight. Wed I might have my friend over who I am teaching, Thursday is a Xmas party at one studio, Friday is a 2 hour flexibility workshop, sat is inversions and then a private lesson later that day. I hope by Saturday I’m not too beat up and will be successful at my PL. I Hope everyone has a great week! 😊

• Anzia

December 2, 2014 at 5:26 pm

You’re going to be SO tired by Saturday night but it’s totally worth it! I feel really lazy now ha ha. I did need a rest though! Have fun!

• Slkysmth

December 2, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Lol! That’s what I’m afraid of!
    I ended up not going to the gym but got a massage instead. I was rear ended last Tuesday (everyone is ok). I’ve gone to the chiropractor and got a referral for a few massages. My upper body was nothing but knots! (I didn’t tell her I think it’s from poling). But the last two days I’ve had a headache. I have also been having really bad lower back pain so hopefully I can work some of this out. 😊 looking forward to the rest of the week though!!!

• Anzia

December 3, 2014 at 1:47 am

Ouch 🙁 Take care of yourself. That sounds really uncomfortable. I hope the massages help.

• Anzia

December 5, 2014 at 1:41 am

Good class last night, but I notice I’m still not poling at home in between. So much for accountability! I’ve got a private on Sat and a dress rehearsal for the show on Sun, so next week is when I need to do some practice at home.

• Slkysmth

December 5, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Haha! I feel ya on the accountability..(or lack there of!) I blame it on the holidays! Life is super busy right now for all if us! Happy to hear you had a great class. Now get on that pole at home and practice practice practice!!! (I must heed my own advice!)
    I went to the holidays in heels party last night and danced for the first time (successfully) in heels! Fun! Fun! It was a fundraiser for a local woman’s shelter. Tonight I’m going to a 2hr flexibility class. I’m REALLY looking forward to it too! I have seen some of his successes! Then I have my one on one to hopefully work on my own routine that is next month! Yikes! Not even close…just finally committed to a song! Time to go, Have a great weekend!

• Anzia

December 6, 2014 at 2:31 am

Enjoy flex class!
    What pole routine are you doing? Is it for a studio show or a comp? Good luck 🙂

Page 9 of 12