StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole supposed to behave this way? (second-hand second guessing)

• Ava Avane Dawn

May 10, 2013 at 1:37 am

Pegasus: So the behavior in the first video is normal then?

Gypsy: I don't understand – threaded? My pole has the two x's on the bottom, but I don't understand the term "loading" in this context.

Anyway, I sent the serial number to xpole.co.uk (the bag I got the pole in seems to have come from there) to check for verification. Thanks for the help!

• Ava Avane Dawn

May 10, 2013 at 2:49 am

"BOTTOM LOADING – No ladder needed to adjust height. You can expand and fully lock the pole into positions without ever leaving the ground. "

Check. 🙂

• tacha666

May 10, 2013 at 4:51 am

Hi!

Well, my Xpert is bowed. I also bought it used.
    The bow causes the pole to not spin very smooth. Last week I took it down and after putting it up again, it was even worse; there was a clicking noise and the resistance was even worse.
    I had to think about it a little bit, and figured, that my ground isn't really even as well. When I rotated the base 180 degrees, it was like it was before. Not perfect, but a little better.

• chemgoddess1

May 10, 2013 at 5:55 am

Old style XPoles screwed together at the joints where the new style XPoles have the XJoint which keeps the pieces together.  

http://www.dancing-poles.co.uk/ekmps/shops/dancingpoles/images/45mm-chrome-xpert–14-p.jpg

• pegasusaerialfitness

May 10, 2013 at 7:31 am

The other video I wasn't really sure what was going on? That's why I didn't mention it. I'm curious to hear what x pole recommends. I'm lucky..I've only had a minor glitch w/ a lilmynx , but it was very fixable.

• pegasusaerialfitness

May 10, 2013 at 7:38 am

Re read…..no non of my poles rotate in the opposite direction…..only the direction of the chosen spin. They also don't make any noises either…except one of my lilmynx poles sometimes…it seems to have a little bit of camber to it and whines on spin mode.

Maybe you should take it down, take it apart and put it all back together and see if things line up better?

• poledanceromance

May 10, 2013 at 7:50 am

The “bump” feeling when you spin it, giving it a turn with your hand and it “spins back” to one spot is usually caused by over tensioning the pole, not by a bow in the pole. Even if the pole is Bowed it will usually still feel like it turns smoothly if it’s not over tightened.

I am very familiar with this problem. You can put it a bow in your pole by over tensioning so be careful. But if you loosen the pole and you are still experiencing it, and it’s really bothering you (I don’t notice when I’m actually on it) then I suggest using one of the ceiling mounts for the pole because it uses a lot less tension to keep the pole up, so you won’t feel that and you’ll get a free feeling spin.

As for the serial number- you actually can verify the serial number. You can email x pole customer service and they will let you know if it’s a valid serial number. They will also review pics and video you send to illustrate the problems. Good luck!

• poledanceromance

May 10, 2013 at 7:50 am

The “bump” feeling when you spin it, giving it a turn with your hand and it “spins back” to one spot is usually caused by over tensioning the pole, not by a bow in the pole. Even if the pole is Bowed it will usually still feel like it turns smoothly if it’s not over tightened.

I am very familiar with this problem. You can put it a bow in your pole by over tensioning so be careful. But if you loosen the pole and you are still experiencing it, and it’s really bothering you (I don’t notice when I’m actually on it) then I suggest using one of the ceiling mounts for the pole because it uses a lot less tension to keep the pole up, so you won’t feel that and you’ll get a free feeling spin.

As for the serial number- you actually can verify the serial number. You can email x pole customer service and they will let you know if it’s a valid serial number. They will also review pics and video you send to illustrate the problems. Good luck!

• Ava Avane Dawn

May 11, 2013 at 12:33 am

poledanceromance:

Ah, you mean I have probably overtensioned the pole pieces which are tightened with the "bigger thingy", as opposed to the "smaller thingy" which one got with the pole?

• chemgoddess1

May 11, 2013 at 8:15 am

No, you probably over tensioned the pole when you set it up as in floor to ceiling.

Again, what bigger thingy are you speaking of?  Is this the old style XPole with the screw together pieces or the new with the X Joints?

• poledanceromance

May 11, 2013 at 11:57 am

Yeah talking about the floor-to-ceiling tension. It can create that, uneven spin feeling, that makes it spin back when you let it go, that *bump, bump, bump* kind of feeling as you turn it in your hands.

• Ava Avane Dawn

May 12, 2013 at 7:39 am

Chem: When I'm speaking of small and big things, I am referring to the things which are screwed in with small and large hex keys. As to which model I have, I don't know, and don't understand the difference either… seems to me it's the one in the regular installation video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m04WT3y5w7Q

• Pole gal

May 12, 2013 at 8:26 am

did u have 2 screw your pole together when u were putting up? as the newer x-pole u dont screw the pieces together, there is an xjoin which connects the pole pieces and which u line up and tighten with a hex key. x

• Pole gal

May 12, 2013 at 8:29 am
  • Ava Avane Dawn

May 13, 2013 at 6:50 am

Well, yeah, I didn't put anything inside the pole when putting the two large parts together, I just put the pieces besides each-other (top and bottom) with the silver-colored thing in-between, and then I tightened (or rather expanded) the silver-colored thing in two places with the hex key.

The links you post don't seem to work though, pole gal.

Page 2 of 3