StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Poling for depression/anxiety?

• branquinha

September 16, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Pole has helped me to fight depression and anxiety.

First, exercising helps producing nice well being chemicals, but at the time I was having serious anxiety spells and was very depressed, it also forced me out of my house to take classes and the classes created an environment which also helped because I was surrounded by friendly women (even if you do not have the classes, there is a community out there and even this forum can be pretty helpful, I believe). I also liked the fact that you feel a sense of achievement once you start being able to do more stuff with the pole, so it can give you both goals and rewards, and that is pretty good for depression as well.

• MilienElayne

September 17, 2010 at 4:53 am

I have social anxiety disorder and comorbid depression. Life was a constant buzzing in my head, crying at least once a day, imagining everyone hated me and was judging me, emotional over eating, heart palpitations, hyperventilation, hot flushes…When I became suicidal I started therapy, had drugs etc etc. and it staved off the worst… but then I found pole dancing. It gave me my life back. I’m now drug free, 15kg lighter, no longer need my therapist, have healthy relationships and live comparitively anxiety and depression free.

Page 2 of 2