StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Popping joints increase

• Popping joints increase

Posted by minicoopergrl on September 24, 2010 at 10:36 am

I have weeks where im really hard core w/my pole training. Those weeks, my joints crack more often. I can stand at the copier at work and crack my ankle at least 3 times. From talking to my other friends, they said not to worry since its just a fluid bubble that popping.

Does anyone else experience this?

minicoopergrl replied 14 years ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • MommaBear

September 24, 2010 at 11:36 am

My kids think it is hilarious how I bend and stretch and all your hear is POP POP POP CRACK POP!! And now with all this popping coming about, I am feeling this extreme need to go to a chiropractor – if I could get this one portion of my back to pop, I bet it would feel sooooo good!!

I was wondering if the increase was a factor of aging or the increase of physical activity. It will be interesting to see the responses.

• RoxyPink

September 24, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I think it has to do with what you did when you were younger and aging…Me for example…I figure skated for 15 yrs and there was A LOT of impact on my joints from all the jumps…now at thirty my joints pop all the time. I definitely could not be a burglar!! You could hear me a mile away…but the popping didn’t start until maybe three years ago…so I say it has to do with getting older and how much abuse you gave to your joints when you were younger…

was that just redundant? lol

• MrsNaughtywed

September 24, 2010 at 10:32 pm

My joins pop all the time. They have been doing this before I started pole dancing too. I think if there is no pain of discomfort, then its okay..? I’m not really sure. I would also like to know more info on this too.

• luckylindyhopper

September 24, 2010 at 11:33 pm

I ruined my joints doing gymnastics as a kid so I snap, crackle, and pop. The only two joints I have problem with are my right elbow (thanks to a dislocation and fracture as a kid) and my right shoulder (thanks to a broken collarbone which shifted everything and now prevents correct alignment.) I’ll sometimes be working on a move and POP, one of those comes out. The other poppings don’t usually hurt.

• Prncsopowr

September 25, 2010 at 2:24 pm

The question comes down to "does it hurt when you pop?" If it hurts, talk to a doctor. If not, it is just a release of air bubbles out of the joint and don’t stress. I go snap, crackle, pop when I walk from years of dancing. I don’t even hear it anymore!

• minicoopergrl

September 25, 2010 at 7:12 pm

They dont bother me, but they may bother those around me, lol!

From what everyone is saying, it makes sense. Ive been playing sports since I was 8. Ive done everything from Softball, Cheerleading (included Dance and gymnastics), Swimming, HS Dance class and Field Hockey. Ive done alot of stuff to my body. I remember being a teen my mom used to hate to hear me walk up the steps b/c I could pop my hip everytime! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif