StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Problems with X-Pert

• Dancing Paws

April 5, 2012 at 9:27 am

If you are persistent and don't back down about an exchange or refund, you may get your way. If not, file a complaint with the BBB. That tends to get companies to rectify the situation if they won't do it any other way. Obviously it should be a last resort. I agree with Shona in that it is up to the company to provide a functional product. If there is a flaw, it needs to be fixed or you should get your money back no matter what the time frame is. Most issues don't crop up until after the initial warranty window. I really like that lilmynx and PS have a 1 year warranty (versus x poles 3 month warranty.) Pole Danzer has a lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects (gotta respect them for that!)

• ShonaLancs

April 5, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I didn’t know that Chem! Can’t help thinking that’s a poor do for you guys in USA, perhaps being in the UK is why my experience with xpole customer service was a lot better than most peoples on here?!

• chemgoddess1

April 5, 2012 at 2:11 pm

XPole has been great to me and many others.  They are very responsive as long as they are notified.  So many people will post here when they have a problem when the first thing they should be doing is calling XPole.  That is what their customer service is there for.

Sensual, I am almost positive XPole's warranty is 6 months, not 3. 

• chemgoddess1

April 5, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Another thing to remember is that this thread is 2 years old.  There was a rash of issues when the new XJoint came out…this is quite common when there is a drastic design change to a product.  This is true for almost every manufactured product….look at the issues with the new ipads!

• Dancing Paws

April 5, 2012 at 3:39 pm

My bad. It is 6 months. Sorry bout that!

• Jessica Jasmine

April 25, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I got my Xpert approximately 3 months ago, and I am having similar problems to the ones discussed in this post. All of a sudden, it is extremely hard to tighten or loosen the pole…actually it won't even turn to tighten. My pole wiggles when in static mode also. I am so upset because I am auditioning for the Midwest Pole Competition, and the video is due on June 1st! So of course my pole would malfunction now….

Anyway, I called XPole customer service for the issue about not being able to twist the pole to tighten/loosen it. They told me to buy Silicon-based lubricant to put on the exposed threads and WD-40 to put in the X-joints on the bottom. I did that and it did not fix the problem. I'm wondering if I should just return it and ask for my money back since I've had it less than 6 months and get a pole with a lifetime warranty on defects. 

• Dancing Paws

April 25, 2012 at 8:12 pm

The wiggling in static mode I always found to be caused by the 2 screws lossening UNDER the adjuster cover (not the base of the pole.)

Did you take the adjuster rod out of the A pole completely when you tried lube it? It might help if you do that, so you can really lube that whole area good. 

Yes I noticed that second section sounds really dirty…

• Beckypolegirl

April 26, 2012 at 1:48 am

my adjuster cover wont undo i have tried and my husband has tried but we just Cant get it undone. Any ideas?

• SassyLarissa

April 26, 2012 at 7:05 am

so i jus sold my sports pole thinking about getting this one and now im reading al of this eh now i dont know what to do where did u all order from?…discouraging face 🙁

• Beckypolegirl

April 26, 2012 at 8:24 am

with a bit of brute force my husband managed to undo the adjuster cover yay! Dont be put off by this thread i love my x-pert and that was the only minor problem i have had with it 🙂

• Dancing Paws

April 26, 2012 at 8:29 am

larissa – If you are nervous, there are 3 other companies that sell poles as well. You should look at them all and see what works for you. They are Platinum Stages, LilMynx, and Pole Danzer.

• Dancing Paws

April 26, 2012 at 9:01 am

Larissa – You didn't have an issues with your sport pole right? I think x pole has worked out most of the kinks in the poles, so you should be fine if you want an xpert. You should still research all the other companies to see what works best for you.

• MommaBear

April 26, 2012 at 9:27 am

Just want to restate what Chem has already said – this thread is from 2 years ago (and if I recall correctly, this was when the X-Pert was first released).  IMO, any new product is bound to have some issues.  Also, I do believe that X-Pole was cognizant to the issues and proactive, in that they have made several changes in the manufacturing since then.  Likely, that has yeilded an even better end product.  I also wanted to note the X-Pole delivered wonderful customer service and addressed all of my issues during that time and to date, I have a perfectly functioning X-Pert.  I just thought it was worth mentioning because I would hate for anyone to make a weighted decision based on an outdated post : ) 

• chemgoddess1

April 26, 2012 at 9:32 am

Jessica Jasmine, there is no manufacturer out there that has a lifetime warranty on poles.

As for PoleDanzer, I do not believe they make poles for home use.

• Dancing Paws

April 26, 2012 at 10:26 am

Pole danzer actually does have a home pole. I think they have two versions. One is fully removable, and one has a ceiling mount that screws in. The fully removable one doesn't have that weird platform, but the one with the ceiling mount does (not sure why it's necessary.) They have two videos online of their fully removable poles being used.

http://www.poledanzer.com/stripper.pole.instructions.php

Page 2 of 3