StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Re-inspired and on a roll!

• Re-inspired and on a roll!

Posted by Spinnesque on August 19, 2011 at 6:30 am

After taking a few months off from pole with other things, I've finally got some time to commit to it again, but have just ended up frustrated the last couple of weeks with not seeming to be able to do even the most basic moves 🙁 it's really been getting me down, but I've been fighting back and even bought Veena's lessons to inspire me!

Then last night, after stuggling endlessly with a thigh rest in the studio, I watched the lesson here on it (beginner move…whaaaat!) and before I went to bed thought I'd give it a shot – BOOM got it first time! Really concentrating on using my bicep to lift into it definitely helped, god knows what I was trying to do before…

So…feeling encouraged and definitely spurred on by the other half, I thought I'd give a few more of my nemesis moves a shot and nailed them all :oD Knee hold, Jade (admittedly not very straight…), extended butterfly, Teddy, Yogini and one handed flag. I went to bed absolutely buzzing and just thought I'd share my happiness on here. It just goes to show that however beaten down you feel by it all, sometimes it's just getting in the right frame of mind 🙂

Now just to crack the Remi…

Veena replied 13 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • MrsNaughtywed

August 19, 2011 at 7:36 am

YAY!!! 🙂

I've seen some girls at the studio who take long breaks and then come back and have to start at an earlier level to catch up again. When you don't use it, you lose it. But it always comes back. 🙂 I'm glad you caught up. No more breaks now. Get back on that pole and work it! 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    August 19, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Yay that is an amazing feeling, go you!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif I really think that taking breaks can be a good thing! And yes the thigh rest is one of the last beginner moves https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_eek.gif…not because its easy, but because its a strength builder which I feel is important before moving on to learning spins. So happy for you!!