StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions SOOOO MAD!!!

• SOOOO MAD!!!

Posted by Stevesgirl on May 1, 2011 at 9:35 pm

(Sorry, this is going to be a little long)  I am so angry right now!  I was suppose to have gotten my pole yesterday morning from the studio I started taking classes from.  I drove all the way there (it is over an hour drive one way from my house) and they told me they goofed and accidently sold my pole to another person!  They apologized and said they would order a new pole immediately.  Then they called me late yesterday and said they found another pole and I could come in today to pick it up.

SOOO, I drove all the way there AGAIN and they brought out the pole.   It was the right brand of pole (XPole, XPERT) but it was in chrome.  I had ordered a titanium gold.  I also paid extra for the titanium gold.  They then tried to tell me it WAS the titanium!  I told them the chrome is silver and the titanium is gold and I KNOW the difference between silver and gold!  They continued to fight with me!  They tried to tell me that now XPole is making their titanium poles silver in color!  I basically told them that was bull sh**.  Finally, they agreed with me that, yes, it was the chrome pole. 

Then they told me there was absolutley no difference between the chrome and the titanium and I might as well go ahead and take the chrome pole.  I told them I was NOT going to take the chrome pole.  I paid for a titanium pole and I want a titanium pole!  So they finally said they would "Do me a favor and order a new pole"!  However, they won't get it for probably 2 weeks!  I've already paid for it!  What can I do? 

By this time, even though I had had it, I did not yell or scream and I was not disrespectful – even though I wanted to pop her one!)  I told them I wanted my money back and they refused. 

Then as I was leaving, she turned to someone in the studio and said, "What a prissy little bitch!"

I don't want to have anything more to do with them, but I don't have a choice but to wait for them to get my pole.  To top everything off, a few weeks ago, I pre-paid for 10 lessons!

What do you think – should I go ahead and still take my lessons or (after I get my pole) never step food in that place again???

Sair replied 13 years, 4 months ago 15 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • PoleFitMom

May 1, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Holy Crap! What studio did you go to? They should be more than embarrassed. I'm sorry they are such @$$holes.

Don't let their bad customer service turn you away from pole dancing.

Sending you lots of pole love!

xoxo

PoleFitMom

• JeHanne

May 1, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Wow. No wonder you are upset… I don't blame you one bit. If you paid with a credit card you can contact the credit card company to dispute the transaction. Personally I would not be comfortable taking classes from a studio that was so disrespectful and dishonest. 

If you can get your money back you can order your pole online and have it shipped to you. 

I agree with PoleFitMom, even though this is infuriating… don't let it discourage you from Pole.

I hope this works out quickly for you and you get your pole. 

• mrsbaybeegurl

May 1, 2011 at 10:06 pm

"They tried to tell me that now XPole is making their titanium poles silver in color! "

WHAT???  Are you kidding me, oh heck  no!  You did better than most cuz it would have taken a lot of patients to not take that chrome pole and pop her wiith it!  Were you dealing with the owner/superviosor some higher up?  If not, please make a call and talk to someone with more of a professional attitude.  They need to do something to make this up to you, they can't refuse you your money back if THEY did not meet your needs.  Just the fact that they have to order another one (aka, the CORRECT one) means at that point you still could have been given a FULL refund! 

They sold your otherone right out from under you, mistake or not that is on them.  They should have at least given you the correct pole by the second trip.  I can't even believe they told you chrome and titanium are the same!  Do they know why they charge extra $$ for titanium???  DUH!!!  OMG, Im fuming mad and I'm not even in your shoes.

Mistakes happen and that's fine, but what theyy did and how they treated you was WRONG WRON WRONG!!  I'm so sorry you have been going through this!  And to top it off they talk behind your back….grrrr!!  Again, you have the patients of a saint because that chrome xpert would have wacked someone lol ANd Im usually really nice and non agressive, this just got me all hype lol

• Stevesgirl

May 1, 2011 at 11:22 pm

I wanted to scream, hit, kick, cuss, you name it but unfortunately, that's not me.  I wish I wasn't such a push over sometimes but I know I can hold my head high and say I did NOTHING to deserve that behavior. 

By the way, it was the manager/part owner I was dealing with!

As far as the lessons go, I signed something that said 'no refunds' so I am sure I won't get any money back from that.  As far as the pole goes, it was something that they ordered and the receipt said it could take up to 3 weeks (or something like that).  My credit card company said I need to wait until that time is up before I can file anything.  They told me that if I had taken the chrome pole and my receipt said titanium, then I could have a claim!  But bad customer service is not enough reason to get your money back!  Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!!

I have decided I am not going to take lessons there.  I know I'm out that money but I don't want to deal with people like that.  I will be reporting this place to the BBB and any other place I can!

I won't let it stop me from poling.  I only wish I had discovered this place first!  I have only been here less than 1 week but I already feel at home.  I feel so welcome here.  Besides, I don't think I could ask for a better teacher than Veena!

I don't need that crap in my life!

Thanks for the help.  You guys really picked me up!

• UTpoler

May 1, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Since they are going to order *another* one as a favor to you (eye roll), tell them never mind and just cancel the order.  Order from houseofpole.net instead or directly from Xpole…

• yogabeachbabe

May 1, 2011 at 11:42 pm

For real?! This is really unbelievable! I’m so sorry you were treated so horribly. Not only were they disrespectful, they tried to cheat you & they sound plain ignorant. Whoever made that comment as you were leaving should be fired & perhaps even arrested for fraud! (Not that I would believe they have them, but I have heard that titanium silver poles are only sold in Australia.) What a b*tch! If you can get out of that studio, I’d say: run. If they’re so blatantly dishonest, how can you ever trust them or even feel ok about giving them your money? But it doesn’t sound like they’ll be willing to refund you anything. That’s a tough position. Can they at least give you the equivalent in private lessons instead of taking a class for the semester? As a studio owner, I think that sort of behavior & the lying is unforgivable and I would encourage you to talk to the owner about your experience. They should know how their employee is treating the clients!

• Runemist34

May 1, 2011 at 11:59 pm

I can completely understand your outrage, and I have a very difficult time abiding poor customer service like that- especially since I work in customer service myself!

However, I'm the kind of person that would take the lessons, just to spite them. Who cares if their Manager is a lying cow…I'd take the lessons, the pole, and then when I was done, I would write them a lengthy letter and personally address it to anyone running that place (you said PART owner, right? Well, then there's another person who should know about this!). I would tell them all about that experience, thank them for their time, and tell them that you wouldn't reccommend their studio to anyone else you knew.

You get your lessons and their time, they (in the end) get a measly bit of money, and that's it.

And yes, I hope this doesn't colour your idea of dancing. Poor customer service shouldn't reflect on the product…I've learned this, and I will still put up with horrible people for what I want…because you know what? If they want to be stupid and miserable, that's THEIR problem! I'm gonna get my money's worth, leave, and have a WONDERFUL day…just to spite them! Ha!

• Jenn

May 2, 2011 at 12:47 am

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about this happening to you. I have had bad experiences with customer service, and its very frustrating when you invest your hard earned money into something and it backfires in your face.  If I were you, I would definitely share this terrible experience on google reviews, yahoo, yelp, or what ever other review website you use.   Most consumers make a lot of their choices based off of other customer reviews they read on the internet, and if you can't get your money back, you may be able to help others from falling into the same trap you.  And I would definitely write them a letter stating your plans to report them to BBB.  Maybe if they realize how poorly they treated you they may be more apt to return your money.

• amcut

May 2, 2011 at 3:47 am

Are you serious? 

Make them cancel the order.  If they had to order another one, that's nonsense about no refunds. 

Cancel! 

AND ask for a refund on your classes telling her that you don't want to take classes from such a bitch.  If she says she wont refund you, go to the class spitefully. 

What a trashy wench! 

• Sassafrassle

May 2, 2011 at 3:51 am

It does sound they screwed you round but I have to add that there are silver titanium out there (because I have one) but I don't think they're available everywhere. I totally understand you not wanting to do lessons there after having such a bad experience!

• chemgoddess1

May 2, 2011 at 7:10 am

In the US the silver Ti ones do not exist, just as the the brass do not exist here either (yet).  I WISH they offered a silver titanium as that would be my next pole.  Just not all that crazy about the gold ones.  Eh.

• Mechie

May 2, 2011 at 12:00 pm

::Pat Pat:: It's ok…there are jerks EVERYWHERE….

Is there a contract with you sign up for classes? See if there's any way you can file a claim on your credit card.  I would try to speak w/ the owner of the studio.  Just to let him/her to know your situation.

I'm in similar situation…the studio that I go to, the OWNER is an @$$.  He's a jerk to everyone and just pure rude, you can't even ask him a question without having him giving you a look as if you're the weirdo.  However, the instructor (the jerk's GF and also an owner) is a VERY sweet person.  I bought a class pass and still a month or so to go…after that… I should have my pole by then and I'm just going to learn from SV (maaaybe take a class or 2 here and there just to meet up w/ the girls…)

(OR…only take classes when I know in advance that the Jerk won't be there…ALL the girls in the studio HATE him…sigh)

@chemgoddess – I'm in US…Titanium Silver would be me DREAM pole!! But nope…don't carry that here =(  I'm not a big fan of the color gold either…

• poledanceromance

May 2, 2011 at 12:20 pm

If you’re in the united states, report them to the Better Business Bureau. You might actually get your money back with them.

• polefairy

May 2, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Oh My God that co-owner sounds like a nasty cow. How completely unnesscesary. I do not usually agree with saying things online that could damage people's business' but in this case your issue is not personal, it IS business so you're totally entitled to name and shame them in reviews etc. Aside from the name-calling (which should definitely warrant a disciplinary) they did mess up your order and refused a refund which you were entitled to. 

Be as awkward as possible and fight these f***ers to the end! I'd HATE to join classes in a place like that. It's the exact opposite to the supportive ethos that is generally applicable in pole dancing.

• Sair

May 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Wow! That's pretty awful!

Some people have absolutely NO concept of customer service.

If you're able to cancel your order, go for it!

It's a shame that studio is so sketchy!