StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Scared after a fall

• Scared after a fall

Posted by TinyDancer04 on August 10, 2011 at 5:21 am

Had a bad fall about 1 1/2 weeks ago and badly bruised my finger. It’s almost better but I’m too scared to go on the pole yet!!
    It’s best to wait a little longer anyway so as not to damage it further.
    Anybody else experience this fear factor and how did you get over it?

TinyDancer04 replied 13 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • MrsNaughtywed

August 10, 2011 at 7:23 am

I've had probably 2 bad falls. And yes I felt a lil nervous to try the trick again. It think it's something totally normal your body and mind thinks to protect itself. But I just got back up there as soon as I could to retry the trick over again until I got it. I'd wait until you are fully recovered and the moment you are, retry the trick just so you get over that fear. 🙂

Best of luck. 

• untamedshrew

August 10, 2011 at 8:45 am

I took a bad fall that broke my glasses after leaving their outline in my face and blackening my eye. After that, I was much more cautious trying new things. Naughty's right, fear is a survival mechanism, your body's way of saying "WTF are you doing?". I acknowledge it and look for ways to improve safety. On the pole, that meant making sure I knew what I was doing and using a spotter, instead of "I should try that Aysha thingy". I'm generally not a big risk taker, but on the other hand one of my favorite quotes is: I will not tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death. It's all about balance.

• LizzyLiz810

August 10, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Just take your time and ease back into things. Falling can be scary, but u will get over it in time. Just practice the basics till u feel super confident again.

• amy

August 10, 2011 at 9:57 pm

hey alesha! sorry to hear about your fall. i think we've all been at a point where we're freaked out, or feel unsafe or insecure in a move.

personally, i'm a really logical learner and i've found that my rational mind takes over when i'm doing polework. if i fell, i would want to really think about exactly what happened, and what went wrong, to begin to figure out ways to keep it from occurring again. i would want a gameplan before i went gungho back on the pole! how did your injury happen?

• TinyDancer04

August 10, 2011 at 10:19 pm

@ Amy –
    Ive only just restarted poling and i got a bit cocky because everything was going well that night.
    It was a simple leg switch from Gemini to scorpio and I completely forgot to hold with my hip in between.
    I crashed down and my hand landed under me and my finger was bent completely the wrong way!
    Lucky Its not worse actually!
    I’m ready to get back on the pole but my finger isn’t unfortunately. Might have to wait a couple more weeks 🙁