StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Shaving questions!

• LillyBilly

June 5, 2013 at 3:15 am

I did infra-red hair removal on my legs, bikini line, and underarms a couple of years ago. Now I have just a little bit of soft hair that I shave every day because I'm a perfectionist like that 🙂

I have pretty hairy arms and my hair is dark – I never thought about removing this hair, though. I can't be bothered with another beauty routine 🙂

Ladybits – I don't want to do any kind of permanent hair removal because I like my hair ðŸ™‚ Waxing/sugar/epilators and such are not an option – I have a VERY sensitive skin there, and my hair grows really deep. I bleed when I pluck it out. 
    So it's shaving for me. My hair grows really fast so I do it almost every day, but I got used to it. If I get ingrown hairs I just free them with a pin (which clean with alcohol).

I prefer the landing stripe or triangle designs – I don't feel like myself when I'm completely bald https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif

Aaaaand I have tummy hair. I still haven't figured the best way to handle that one. I've been trying shortening and bleaching it. This method gives a really pretty and natural result – completely bald tummy looks strange to me, but it requires too much maintenance. I'm thinking about switching to epilators or waxing.

• Hazelnut

June 5, 2013 at 4:54 am

Every time I epilate my legs, I just run it over my tummy too…. gets rid of the few hairs around my belly button in a few easy seconds!

• Cherished

June 5, 2013 at 6:00 am

Just wanted to add for Rune, since laser is not an option, I've epilated everything in my lady area before and the re-growth wasn't so irritating as laser (but the initial removal was pretty horrendous) 

(like really horrendous lol)

• marle777

June 5, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Eplilators are torture devices! lol Shaving down there should NOT put you at increased risk for infections as long as you keep it clean as usual. Pheromones will still be present and effective, you don't need the hairs to hold them there (ew, kinda, lol). If you do shave there, just do it when the hair and skin are softened from the shower and of course use a sharp razor. I don't dispose of mine every time (expensive and a lot of waste to me – but to each their own) but I do make sure its clean and sharp.

BTW, Tendskin used to be pretty pricey (like 50 bucks for a bottle!) back when it was a new, hard to find item and I only purchased it once before learning it is mostly alcohol and acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin). Here's a recipe I found after a quick google search just now: http://www.thelimericklane.com/2012/03/homemade-tend-skin-recipe/

Witch hazel, tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil and aloe are also good deterrents and remedies for ingrown hairs.

In the end, its a personal decision as everyone's hair and skin has different temperaments and people have varying ideals of beauty. Personally, I can still remember the first time as a teen when I shaved the lady garden completely and it felt so niiice, smooth and breezy! There's nothing like the first time but I do enjoy the 'clean' feeling every time. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Page 2 of 2