StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions She’s back…

• She’s back…

Posted by RoxyPink on July 17, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I've missed you guys!  After being off of the pole since early March, I am now back.  Still recovering some from surgery but things are looking pretty good.  I have most of my strength and flexibility back.  This week got my pole room cleaned out and set back up and had a fantastic first practice back.  Lets see if I can be at 110% by USPDF summision! 🙂  I need a list of new moves…I've been so out of the loop.  I tried to stay away from anything pole related because it just depressed me that I couldn't do it….for those who don't know me, I had a benign tumor on the end of my femur.  I had surgery on May 17th to remove it and reconstruct my femur…I am now part bionic  lol.    So what new moves are out there other than the superpain and rainbow marchenko (both on my to-do list btw) !  So happy to be back!

RoxyPink replied 13 years, 2 months ago 7 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Runemist34

July 17, 2011 at 7:54 pm

HI ROXY!!

I was wondering what had happened to you! I came back a little while ago, too. I was off the pole for 8 months, just…because I didn't want to dance for a while. But now I'm back to it and doing well 😉

I still need a tutorial for the Roxy spin! It still eludes me Oo;

Glad to hear the surgery went well, and that you're recovering well! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

• Veena

Administrator
    July 17, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Glad your back! That's great Your healing well!!! xoxo

• Kobajo84

July 17, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Welcome back Roxy!!!! I've wondered where you've been! 

• drkfaery

July 17, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Welcome back!!! So glad you're healing and back on the pole!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

• jeng

July 19, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Welcome back Roxy,  Was wondering where you went.  Glad you are back on the pole, you are fantastic.

• jeng

July 19, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Welcome back Roxy,  Was wondering where you went.  Glad you are back on the pole, you are fantastic.

• RoxyPink

July 21, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Thanks ladies!  I still have to take it kinda easy on my knee…no knee holds or anything that requires a lot of lateral movement yet.  I'm excited to be back at it, although the time off helped me refocus my goals, I'm not liking the having to re-train my skin  lol  thank goodness for muscle memory and  a strong will! 🙂   So far, three practices in and doing well…xoxox

NO Roxy spins for me atm…too much torque on my knee…:(

• Runemist34

July 21, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I was totally only teasing about the Roxy spin! You take care of that bionic leg, and before you know it, you'll be doing all those amazing moves again!

Good to hear you're doing well, too!

• Charley

July 21, 2011 at 8:45 pm

YAY!  You are back!!!!!!!!!!!!  xoxoxox!!!!

We need a bud light chat night!

• RoxyPink

July 24, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Yes we do Charley! I miss your face!!! Xox