StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Six months and still can’t invert and hold it!

• DaniDuB

October 18, 2011 at 6:58 am

You will do it! Keep trying! 🙂 I agree, it is probably just one thing that’s going to click for you. The one thing that helps me hold the inverted V is making sure the skin on the side of my torso is exposed. So wearing a
    crop top or just lifting my shirt up a little. If the skin on the side of my torso/stomach is touching the pole while I’m crunched over and my pelvis is tucked in, I feel like it helps me stay in that inverted v position better. 🙂

• cupcake11

October 18, 2011 at 7:40 am

Both of my daighters (8,11) could invert before me, so my oldest taught me…sigh! I learned barefoot first, then it took me 2-4 wks before I could do it in heels. Low hand placement, taking a small step before beginning the invert, and looking where up at the pole where u want ur ankle to be was crucial to me. When I started the tuck invert I really had to visualize taking that step w/inside foot, placing my
    hip in front of the pole, inverting-then really pulling my tucked legs up and tipping back. I practiced my inverted tuck about a week before I
    could get my legs to V out. About a week after that I was strong eneough to start working on my weak side.

• calipolepixie

October 21, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I am struggling with the inverted v too. In fact I just posted a blog about my difficulties the other day! I am going to look into some of the tips that these ladies gave. Sounds like I also may be having a hip flexor issue! At least I feel a little better now knowing that I may have figured out what the issue is!

• MelanieDA

October 21, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Hey, I could do an inverted crucifix, Gemini, Scorpio (including multiple switches), caterpillar climb, elbow grip aysha, CAR and CKR, before I could even do an inverted V!  I don't get it either!  But keep at it, and if you get frustrated, try some other intermediate tricks to build your strength and confidence.

• Lyme Lyte

October 21, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Thanks everyone. Ive been working on many suggestions to no availe. But i will keep trying! 🙂

• Lyme Lyte

October 21, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Thanks everyone. Ive been working on many suggestions to no availe. But i will keep trying! 🙂

• Lyme Lyte

October 23, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Still workng on the invert.  One thing I noticed yesterday is, that when I put my hips in front of the pole, my inner hip (closest to the pole) was not lined up straingt ahead, it was facing about 2:00 if straight ahead was 12:00.  So really tried to keep my hip IN LINE with my body, not veering away from the pole.  It helps a little, but I think that may have been ONE of my issues.  So for those that are struggling, you may want to make sure your hips are not going AWAY from the pole. 

Veena, should the hips be straight on (in alignment with the body, or mabye the inner hip should be angled in TOWARDS the pole…..say 10, or 11 o'clock????  Looking for professional feedback.  Thanks!

• Veena

Administrator
    October 23, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Your inside hip/leg will be a bit lower than the outside hip BOTH hips will be turning in towards the pole slightly. If your trying to hold the position with your hips pointing straight up both level to the ceiling that would be very difficult. Does that make sense?

• Lyme Lyte

October 23, 2011 at 3:57 pm

YES! That does help!!!! Thanks. 🙂

Page 2 of 2