StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Slippery X-Pole!!!

• Veena

Administrator
    May 20, 2013 at 11:40 pm

I can only work with Chome when myself and the pole is warm. Im not a naturally warm/sweaty person. Something else that you might try is lubriderm lotion! Put it on the night before you dance, this has worked well for me. Dew point could help too if dryness is a problem.

• DancePantsPrincess

May 21, 2013 at 9:01 am

Paunobs – I have some Mighty Grip samples coming in the mail.  I also ordered Dry Hands.

StudioVeena – I'll give the Lubriderm a try!

• Paunobs

May 21, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Sometimes I mix grips, itac and dry hands , and dry hands , mighty grip does not work fir me anymore since getting hot flushes( menopause) just keep trying 🙂

• Dancing Paws

May 21, 2013 at 7:28 pm

just to reference the grip aides:

Dry hands is good for sweaty hands and won't help if you issue is non-tacky skin.

Mighty grip is good for slick hands that just need some added tack. I believe it can be used on the body too.

and itac are meant for the body for the most part. Itac can make slippage worse on the hands.

• DancePantsPrincess

May 21, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Thank you for the information AerialGypsy!

• Dancing Paws

May 22, 2013 at 11:46 am

If you have dry hands, that can affect your grip too. You might try moisturizing your hands before bed with a glycerine based lotion.

• brookelynn

May 22, 2013 at 8:41 pm

I've also heard of some women using cheap shaving cream and Vaseline Intensive Care (men's) as grip aids.

• pegasusaerialfitness

May 24, 2013 at 7:12 am

Try scrubbing your legs and other non sticky parts with a hot damp towel with a little vinegar..( if you don't use a lot it won't smell at all I promise) then when your legs are air dried use some . I only need it on my legs.. Mary Ellen said Care Ve basic lotion has almost all the same ingredients as Pole Physics…I love, love, love, pole physics. But have very dry skin. Use it the night before. I find I stick best to my chrome after a hot shower. 

Some finishes don't work for some people…I won't stick to brass, ss can be fickle for me….but I can usually make it happen..coated poles are great when I'm cold then they rip my skin off as soon as I'm warm.. I have the opportunity to try to TG ( I'm so curious though)… But my 40 chrome is by far my most favorite and easiest pole to work on.  Good luck. 

@AG..I use dry hands as a grip ad…it works great for me. Maybe because I'm a sweater?  

• DancePantsPrincess

May 24, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I received my grip aid's in the mail and have only tried the Dry Hands so far.  It worked great!  I actually preferred to put it on the pole, then wipe with a rag.  When it was on just my hands, it was peeling my skin off.  Hoping to try Mighty Grip tonight or tomorrow!

• CrazyKosters

May 26, 2013 at 2:02 pm

When i move into my new house, im going to try a space heater and a humidifier to make it warm and humid ( after i paint my walls with mold resistent bathroom paint https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif) and see if that helps. Every time i went to the studio, it was always really warm and about 40-50% humidity after warming up (basing it off hot yoga) and I couldn't even do a spin because i was literally stuck to the pole lol. They were stainless steel poles to.

• mizzli

May 27, 2013 at 4:34 am

I had a 45mm chrome xpole and had trouble sticking to it no matter how warmed up I was or how hot the room was. I’ve cleaned with windex, alcohol and that has not done much.

The problem is I don’t sweat but have really dry skin so i read somewhere to use shaving foam and have had better results.

Maybe it might help getting grip aids for dry skin? Chalk wouldn’t necessarily work all the time.

• luvlee

May 27, 2013 at 9:54 am

If you are set try and itac. That is what I use. Most people use Dew point on their body and wash it off the hands after rubbing it in.

• J Harris

May 27, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I’ve seen this issue so many times. I just stick to stainless, there are a couple of big companies out there that sell them. I got mine from Platinum Stages I think, never had an issue. Also if your planning on competing almost all contests will use stainless.

• J Harris

I’ve seen this issue so many times. I just stick to stainless, there are a couple of big companies out there that sell them. I got mine from Platinum Stages I think, never had an issue. Also if your planning on competing almost all contests will use stainless.

• J Harris

Page 2 of 4

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now