StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Slippery pole

• mspretty1414

April 19, 2012 at 8:20 am

Sorry I didn't realize you were in Australia!  Google 'cornhuskers lotion' and you can order it online 🙂

• SoloEbo

April 19, 2012 at 8:26 am

Nicolb, I used to feel the same way about my pole. I could not do anything without mighty grip (and that barely worked)… i did the soap and water trick and that worked a little, but I read what veena said about the steam.  I did not have the $$$ to go otu and buy a streamer, so I used a regualr old iron (lol.. so ghetto).. but it did the trick.  haven't had to use any sort of grip aid at all.

• Nicolb

April 19, 2012 at 8:55 am

Love it Blaque! Will give the ol’ iron a go!! Hee hee

• Veena

Administrator
    April 19, 2012 at 8:59 am

An iron set to steam!! I didn’t even think if that! Great idea 🙂

• Debss

April 19, 2012 at 9:07 am

That’s a brilliant idea Blaque, might give it a go this weekend!

• StarrGrrrl

April 19, 2012 at 9:08 am

How awesome! I never thought of the steamer idea! I have a PS stainless pole in my living room, and it is still pretty slippery. I think I'll give that a try!

• ORGANIC ANGEL

April 19, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I recently saw people using pure foam shave cream (mens). The girls swear by it. They put some on their legs and hands.

• MissMegi77

April 20, 2012 at 4:25 am

My pole was the same, I didn't wanted to practise at all, but somebody told me to use vinegar to clean it and it helped a lot.

• Kyrsten

April 20, 2012 at 5:20 am

I can’t add anything that hasn’t been recommended already… Corn huskers works wonders for me though.

I will say that I hate the chrome x-pole and need a lot of grip aid to work with it. I am totally fine on stainless poles and powder poles but chrome and I are not friends unless I ap

• Kyrsten

April 20, 2012 at 5:23 am

Got cut off… Anyway, I need iTac on my skin to grip on chrome most of the time. Im fine on other finishes. Stainless is my favourite and it’s generally agreed to be the slickest, so it can also just depend on your personal chemistry.

• Caroliiine

April 20, 2012 at 5:32 am

Does any one else rub a candle on there pole … ?? I do it and it works great.. and i hav super sweaty hands… and I hav to moisturise too coz my skin is so dry.. i use itac for the advanced moves that need serious hand grip but i try to stay away from it coz of bad experiences haha…

I also have a 50 and 45mm xpole xpert chrome and the difference in grip on the 45mm is waaaay better i can do may more on it… 🙂

• Spinny

September 21, 2012 at 2:05 am

Are you SURE that steaming your pole is a good idea? I would be VERY CONCERNED that the steam will penetrate through the holes and joints, then condense into water INSIDE your pole causing RUST on the steel parts.

I agree steam is great for removing grease but I think it's potentially damaging and also slightly dangerous as steam irons and steamers are designed to be held against a flat surface not waved in the air so I won't be trying this. 

• Pole gal

November 15, 2012 at 7:50 am

just steamed my pole and noticed rite away a difference wen grippin as usually i just slip rite off the pole but i actually stuck 2 the pole, lol. defo gna b doin it a few times. xx

Page 2 of 2