StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions So tired after work.

• So tired after work.

Posted by Shihyu Liu on May 3, 2018 at 8:43 am

Lately I have been falling behind on my Veena lessons, whether it’s the home lessons or the stretching, sometimes I’m just overall too tired to workout at home during the evening, and I end up feeling guilty the next day. I know Veena is always saying how important full rests are, but sometimes I feel super bad after days of not practicing at all.Any suggestions ?

LatinPoler replied 6 years, 4 months ago 8 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Runemist34

May 3, 2018 at 7:31 pm

That’s a rough one. I know a lot of people often feel super tired after work- it can be draining, mentally and physically.
    If after work is the ONLY time you have to dance, I would suggest taking a little time out between the two. Do some meditation, eat a good snack, just replenish yourself however you find is best. It might take some experimentation to figure out what works, but a little transition time can really make the difference.
    Also, what I found (when I was working and running after my shifts) is that you will have to ask first, and then receive later. You sort of have to do it despite not having the energy, do your best, and find your edge. The energy will come after a week or so of doing this.
    It’s the same principle for a very sedentary person saying they have no energy to exercise: They don’t, because they aren’t asking for the energy, so their body isn’t making it. We’re made that way, and energy conservation is very smart if we lived in the wild! But, if you had to hunt or run very often, then your body would make it feel easier, because being slow and sluggish can mean the difference between having food, or going hungry for another day.
    So, remember that you will, eventually, have that energy… you just need to keep asking for it, by doing the thing, whether it sucks or not.
    Best of luck!

• polegramma

May 3, 2018 at 8:02 pm

In Veena’s Tips, Veena has a lesson about how to find the energy to work out. And those tips are great. And as Runemist said, ask first, receive later; Veena says give it 10 – try for 10 minutes and if you still feel exhausted, stop. Chances are you’ll feel like continuing. For me, making sure I get enough sleep and drink enough water are also very important.

• Nat

May 3, 2018 at 10:05 pm

I am very often feeling like I am too tired to workout or pole. As already suggested I say to myself I will just do quick workout and 99% of time once endorphins start flowing I keep going. Also good music helps x

• PoleAdventures

May 4, 2018 at 3:16 pm

Whats about yoga? Maybe you can energise you a bit with some gentle yoga flows for your mind. So you have a feeling of you did something and not to judge yourself for doing nothing. Or you do some strength biulding yoga like arm balance poses which is also great for pole too. There’s a lot you can do instead of hardcore pole work 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    May 4, 2018 at 8:11 pm

Hi! Shihyu Liu you’re totally not alone in feeling that way. For me I have to workout in the morning (I’m NOT a morning person) or I just don’t do it. If that’s not an option everything the other suggested will be helpful.

Also know that the programs here are a guide and you can swap out other routines on days you feel low energy. For example doing the flowmotion routine instead of a pole strength routine is better than not doing anything at all. 🙂

• Miracub1995

May 7, 2018 at 12:42 am

I have this exact problem myself and I’m still battling it. I skip a lot of days because of work cause I only want to sleep in the morning and then when I get off work I’m too tired so I dont get anything done. So what I been trying to do is go to bed a little earlier doesnt have to be a lot but just an hour or two earlier so that way I get up a couple hours earlier so I can just get it done and over with in the morning. Its still a battle and I still skip quite a lot but on the days I do do it in the mornings I feel great and energized for the rest of the day and I just have to remember that next time I’m not motivated to get up early.

• LatinPoler

May 9, 2018 at 11:11 pm

After a hard day at work, the last thing I want to do is to put more pressure on me trying to learn new, advanced tricks, or going to a studio class that may or may not like and besides I will have to follow more “orders” anyway 🙂 So I usually do something less intense. I love dancing, so I may do some low flow or floorwork and flexibility. As others said, usually the most difficult step is the first one and once you are moving and adrenaline kicks in, you’ll feel up to doing harder things. If not, that’s OK – stick to the initial plan of grounded work and flexibility, yoga, flowmotion or whatever is appealing to do. Even a brisk walk, outdoor activities are usually mood boosters (if weather cooperates).