StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Space and where to pole?!

• Space and where to pole?!

Posted by Beautifulfreak on February 15, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Okay ladies and gents! Please help….I was hoping to move to a bigger house rather than flat but doesn't look like we are! I would love to move out alone but its too expensive!

I really wanna get my pole up but my ONLY place I can pole in my living room and its so cluttered! we wanna clear it out but I wanna know whats a good amount of space for a beginner poler like me?!

ARGH! Just wish I could have my own space you know!  Thanks for reading! xx

PolarGirl replied 9 years, 8 months ago 18 Members · 20 Replies
  • 20 Replies
  • Sair

February 15, 2011 at 3:38 pm

If you're tight for space, usually about a metre on each side does the trick. Some people manage to do it in less space some need more space to extend their legs and arms.

Perhaps clear everything out that you can and look for the biggest expanse of space that you can spare and pop that pole right in the middle of it 😉

• Runemist34

February 15, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I have to deal with a tight space, too, especially considering I've got very long legs! I find that, if you can generally get your own leg length amount of space all the way around the pole, you're doing great! 

Also, you don't have to have it that way all the time. Say, you put your pole next to a coffee table…well, why not move the table when you want to dance? If things get cluttered, you can clean up before dancing? You could even incorporate this into a nice little warm up!

• Jenn

February 15, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I used to have my pole in a space so small that Iwoul either touch wall or furniture on either side if I stood next to my pole and extended my leg out. I had to move my coffee table and tv out of the room everytime I poled. But I found a way to work in that space because I would just strategcally timed my spins so that any extensions of the legs would be out over the couch.  So yeah, you can adapt to work in a very limited space, just gotta be creative.

• byrdgrrl

February 15, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Clean out and move as much as you can, and be real careful the first couple of times you do stuff.  You will be suprised how far you can kick!  I nearly killed a bookcase and my iPod because I thought it was out of the way when it was not!

• PGHPoleKitty

April 23, 2011 at 12:18 am

I have the same problem. My pole will be goin up in my livin room and I will have to move the coffee table and the couch to pole. My boyfriend isn’t to happy about it going in the middle of the living room either but oh well… You gotta do what you gotta do 🙂

• chemgoddess1

April 23, 2011 at 8:42 am

Until recently my pole was up in my garage.

• Jenn PoleLush

April 23, 2011 at 8:44 am

When I initially had mine up in my husbands office downstairs I would just move everything to pole…I made sure when I did an RG that I could extend my legs..or at least adjust where you can.  Now that I don't give a rat's a@@ what ppl think about my poling my pole is permanently up in my living room…right when you come in my front door… there it is.  Lots of space and hardwood floors…LOVE

You do make do an adapt…when you want to pole…you make adjustments https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_eek.gif

• Mechie

April 23, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I'm running into the same problem!! I'm FINALLY gettina pole and I can't find space to put it!

I do have a guest room but there's a freaking ceiling fan in the MIDDLE of the room! I'm renting so…not sure what can I do now =/  Maybe I'll just remove the blades…sigh

• mizvix

April 23, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I had to remove the ceiling light to install my pole as it just happened to be in the best place for the pole (centre of room and in the right place for the joists). @Mechie – if you have any DIY handy or electrician friends they should be able to take the fan down and make the power cabling safe (don't know technical term, but you don't want to leave live wires randomly in your house!) for you to then put your pole up. Actually, I'm pretty sure if you asked in a DIY store they'd be able to tell you how to do it! Then if you are moving you just have to put the fan back up when pole comes down. happy poling! 

• Riddleboxxy

April 23, 2011 at 3:07 pm

My pole was in the corner of our bedroom first (In 2 of my videos), it was then moved to more the side/middle of the room (also in vids) but I am now in the dining area. I have no videos of it yet but I have sooooo much more space than I began with! If you want to see how small my spaces were, just hit my vids 😛

• Mechie

April 23, 2011 at 8:24 pm

@mizvix- thanks!! After the challenge of the ceiling fan, I need to remove a queen size bed in the guest room too. LOL

My bf said if I can find a ‘corner’ in the living, he’ll be ok with it too. I’m going to get a stud finder this week to see which is a better spot.

I REALLY REALLY want my own pole… I’m gonna find a way to MAKE it work!!!

• mizvix

April 24, 2011 at 1:35 pm

get the BF to do it  all!!! It's a case of him helping you put the pole in the spare room, out of his way, or your spins and tricks blocking his view of the TV!  

• danzn16

April 24, 2011 at 9:45 pm

The xpole installation instructions says to have enough room to have your arms outstretched around all sides of your pole when up. Has worked well for me. And yes my pole is up in my living room too! BOOO! But better than nothing! lol

• Cocoa0

April 25, 2011 at 2:52 am

You have to prioritize, my pole trumps all non-essential items. Ask yourself: Is my coffee table more important than my pole???
    My answer is HELL NO!
    Sometimes you just have to claim your (pole) space, life will work itself out around it.

• Sam I am

April 25, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I started out in my closet lol…..though now I have just taken over my sun porch area…who needs to really sit and chat any ways lol….Removing celing fans is pretty easy and a great place to put a pole because you can usually find studs right there 🙂 Good Luck I am sure you will find the perfect spot.

Page 1 of 2