StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Space and where to pole?!

• featherkate

December 23, 2014 at 1:14 pm

@mizvix I want to install my pole in the guest room but the fan is in the center of my room too! How did you switch the two?!

• PolarGirl

December 24, 2014 at 2:44 pm

My pole is in the loving room, pretty much right in front of the front door, and I just have to move a recliner and ottoman out the the way, and tug the couch a little further away, and boom! Space to pole! I am very tall and need at least five to six feet of clearance in all directions but I still start spins in a certain direction to avoid clipping the couch or hitting a houseplant. You definitely don’t want your pole in a corner (what!!?!?)! Even though it’s right freaking there, when I move the chair back so it’s right next to the pole, house guests seriously don’t even notice it until they’ve been there for about two hours. There’s always a funny pause that is broken with, “…Is that a stripper pole in your living room? I just noticed that.”

• Meggie

December 31, 2014 at 10:51 am

I guess I am spoiled! My hubby cleared out the entire finished part of our basement for me to have a studio. I am very new to this website… should I post a picture? I bought large mirrors for one wall and have a book shelf in the corner where I put my camera, speakers and computer. I have a large light in the corner and another one in another corner. I put down those foamy puzzle piece mats around my pole and adhered them to the floor. I think I am going to try to figure out how to make a crash mat next though…

• Veena

Administrator
    December 31, 2014 at 11:19 am

Welcome to the site!! We’d love a pic of both you and your space! 😊

• PolarGirl

December 31, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Yeah, WOW to your space! My basement has waaaaay too low of a ceiling to pole, which is why my living room it is!

Page 2 of 2