StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Splits in 6 weeks

• chemgoddess1

April 3, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Sues…the very first post of this thread has a link that has all of the stretches.

• unicorn

April 3, 2011 at 12:29 pm
  • Shellectra

April 6, 2011 at 7:51 am

I am just into week 3 and have noticed a vast improvement in the last week! I have done NO sports or flexibility all my life (I am 28 in may) til I started poling 7mths ago.  I wish I took an initial photo of my side splits, I was much further from the ground! Anyway I'm at this stage now… I have NO IDEA if this is good or bad or what, I am closer than I was by far but I hope one day I go all the way!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/215851_10150261038378206_532948205_9428776_8170837_n.jpg

• Shellectra

April 6, 2011 at 7:52 am

OK just scrolled up and saw Chem's week 1 pic. OMG!!! I think I am not flexible at all now, shes pratically toosh on the ground at week 1 LOL

• heathalynne

April 6, 2011 at 8:24 am

Lol Shellectra! I’m where you are right now and I’ve been working hard on splits since November. lmao!

• chemgoddess1

April 6, 2011 at 8:35 am

Shellectra, you have to remember that getting into the splits has been a goal of mine for about 3 years now.  Some days I am closer than others.  But bad me stopped after about week 3 just because my schedule got super hectic and I missed like 4 days in a row of stretching.  I was trying to stretch after my Zumba classes because my body was very warm but my legs were so tight from all of the activity that it just really does not work for me.  There is another splits progress thread thta I started and you can see where I was originally.

https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/The_official_splits_progress_thread_2009-11-29_011908

• Cherished

April 6, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I was wondering if someone can let me know something about the karate stance move… In the instructions it says to point your front foot at a 45 degree angle. Does this mean to point the foot inwards or outwards?

• SashaMae

April 6, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Cherished- Chemgoddess posted a nice pic of the stance at the begining of the thread. You will see a fella in white doing the proper stance https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Cherished

April 6, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Hi Sasha, thanks for the response. I use that pic as a reference when I do the stretches but this guy(in the white) has the front foot facing forward (which I've read is the correct way to do that stance) but  the 6 weeks split instructions say to keep the front foot at a 45 degree angle I'm not sure if that is necessary to get a proper stretch and also which way the foot should point if it is.

• Shellectra

April 6, 2011 at 7:53 pm

heathalynne – since nov? Oh no I bet I get stuck in a rut too! I am gonna try to not miss 20-30mins of stretching every night cos I've heard if you miss even one night it can set you back heaps. Eeep, oh well I'll just keep at it !

• chemgoddess1

April 6, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Cherished- if you point your toes outward you will feel this stretch more in the adductors which will help with middle splits also.

• Shellectra

April 6, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I'll try split stretching with square hips, in my pic above the second image is me trying to be square but I dont know if I am lol

• Cherished

April 6, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Thanks Chem – great progress by the way 🙂 

• heathalynne

April 6, 2011 at 9:37 pm

@Shellectra – Yes! Ugh but I only do split stretches 3-4x/ week. Like chem, it’s been a goal of mine for 4 years but I really didn’t start trying till November. I do make a point to square my hips too. I need to try this 6 week daily thing!

• meaganoff

April 7, 2011 at 8:01 pm

So I have been stretching 6 days a week for the past two weeks now. I'm doing a version of the Splits in 6 Weeks program, combined with Dara Torres' stuff, and some stretches from my Aerial Circus class… And not only has my progress been much better than before… A magical thing happened today…

I LIKED stretching!! It felt good!! I mean, still stretchy / ouchy the way that it is when your muscle fibers are lengthening, but… I liked it! I got a nice warm feeling in my leg muscles when I slid into the splits!! I have always HATED stretching. This, is, like, crazytown. I think I'm more excited / astounded by this fact than I am about being really close on my right side.

If this goes well for a few mroe weeks, I'll do a vid of my modified routine in case it helps anyone else…

Anyone else learning to love stretching?

Page 7 of 9