StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Splits in 6 weeks

• heathalynne

April 9, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Yes I absolutely love stretching! I also tried a flexibility class yesterday and omg i LOVED it. It was taught by a contortionist/yogini. He did some resistance stretching too.

The only thing I don’t like is the fact that my nerves will not let me go for the life of me. Some day. 🙂

Can’t wait to see your modified tut vid! Sounds like a perfect combination.

• natasha fatale

May 13, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I know resting inbetween pole workouts and weight training etc is a must. Is it ok to do flexibility training on your "off" days from pole dancing or would it be best to do those on the same days ?

• Cantetinza17

August 23, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I like to use yoga blocks under my front thigh so I can hold my split longer.  I'm fine with my left, but my right is horrible.

• Desirae

October 19, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I'm going to try this.

• swedishrose

October 20, 2012 at 7:41 am

You and me both Desirae!  My lack of splits are keeping me out of moves!

• SexxiTai

November 19, 2012 at 12:26 am

I most certainly have to jump on the stretch band wagon: *)

• cazacat

January 1, 2014 at 8:44 pm

I’m going to try this just to see how I get on, wish me luck people 😊

• Palace

January 1, 2014 at 8:56 pm

cazacat…I tried it and had better splits in September when I used it than I did in December. I didn’t finish it. I believe it works.

• Moomin91

February 3, 2014 at 4:04 am

Just started this yesterday and need some hope! Has this worked for anyone who is extremely inflexible like me?!? Xxxx

• Cherished

February 3, 2014 at 5:52 am

For myself it worked but I took about 6 months and I didn’t stretch everyday because it was not physically possible for me. I would wait for the soreness to go away so about 3 times a week and sometimes due to slacking 1 to 2 times a week. I did get all the way down on this routine alone doing each stretch 3x for 60 seconds each except the splits I held for 3×30 seconds I think. Now I also mix in Alethea Austin’s splits DVD too.

• Cherished

February 3, 2014 at 5:55 am

Oh yeah and I’m soooo not flexible naturally as in an iron rod had more bendability than me in the beginning.

• Moomin91

February 3, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I’m making sure I take photos all the even if I can see a slight improvement I’m hoping it will keep me motivated!! Good to hear you’ve been successful!! I was tempted to buy Althea’s DVD is it worth the money? I was also looking at felix canes too xxx

• Veena

Administrator
    February 3, 2014 at 1:40 pm

We’ve got 3 flexibility routines here too 1 for back mobility and 2 for splits! Each is roughly 20 minutes! You’ll also find many individual stretching lessons that break down proper body placement to get the most out of each stretch. 🙂

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD9tzV9HJEE

• Tara

February 3, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I was seeing a lot of progress when I was doing Veena’s lessons… I’ll be getting back to that tonight!!!!

• Skullpixie

February 4, 2014 at 7:31 am

Same here Tara I prefer veena’s lessons I have been blessed with good flexibility but I do not believe in rushing it. I tried that one and got an adductor injury lol

Page 8 of 9