StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Stretching and Strength Training?

• Stretching and Strength Training?

Posted by TorontoDancer on February 22, 2012 at 12:04 am

Hey Ladies!

I just got my 2inch titanuim gold X Pole today! its great but id like to start doing some strength training to help me get better on holding myself up. I  can lift myself up on to the pole and hold on for about a minute with my hands and thighs but as soon as i try to hold myself up with just my arms/hands i just cant do it….. also i have ZERO core strenght…. what kind of stretches and strength training should i be doing everyday to help me with the learning pole tricks? 

I know the obvious sit ups, crunches, push ups but what else? should i start lifting weights? I also dont want to get to big in the arm area i just want to be toned so im not sure if i should be doing less reps or more reps for just trying to get toned to help me with my pole….

any suggestions and advice would be great! Thanks. 🙂

jkpolegirl replied 12 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Runemist34

February 22, 2012 at 12:21 am

Congrats on getting your pole!

I highly recommend Veena's lessons for the whole bit- there are some amazing strength and stretching routines, as well as for the dancing aspect of pole dancing!

From what I understand, the way to be toned without building bulk is to do more reps with less weight. This is usually my way of doing things, and I'm actually showing some improvement!

Otherwise, if you don't have the money for Veena's lessons, or for going to a studio, you can wander the internet for things like arm strength and core strength workouts that don't require weights. I've found a lot about stretching out there, too!

• TorontoDancer

February 22, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Thanks for the reply i will look some up online. 🙂

• PixiLouBell

February 22, 2012 at 9:06 pm

yoga and pilates!

• FuzzyNavel

February 23, 2012 at 2:55 pm

The strength and conditioning lessons here have helped me so much! I do them all the time–as well as the stretching routines/lessons. They are effective and taught safely–not all you find on youtube are safe. There is a lot of room for injury in flexibility training.

• jkpolegirl

February 23, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Definately agree on the yoga!!!

As far as core… I live off of planks.. Haha… There’s just so many ways to vary it….. Just make sure you’re not letting your back sag down…. Tilt your hips and make sure your shoulder blades are not winging out