StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Suvery of exotic dancers and education

• Desiree Lust

November 8, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Hello! I currently work as a dancer/stripper-technically we’re called entertainers. Right now I have only been dancing about a year, but prior to that I worked for 7 years as a medical assistant. I’m also a full time student and that is why I chose to start dancing. The flexible schedule allows me to go to school 5 days a week and still have my bills paid. I graduate next semester with my AA in nursing and will continue on to get my BSN, masters, and finally my PhD so that I may one day open my own practice as a paychiatric nurse practitioner. I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t the best job ever-I get to dance(something I love to do) and I get paid for it-cash, in my pocket that night. No waiting for a paycheck,etc. I normally only work fri and sat nights and make anywhere between 300-500 per night. My only complaint would be I don’t like how we have to be “hustlers”. It sometimes takes me a minute to work up the courage to approach these men whom are old enough to be my dad, and flirt with them in hopes they’ll take you back to the VIP and buy lap dances. We don’t make much money on stage-that’s just for show. We make our money giving lap dances. Some men will try to touch you in places you don’t want to be touched, but despite the pros and cons that go with the job, at the end of the day, I don’t have any regrets because I genuinely do enjoy the job otherwise 🙂 hope this helps, and yes, stripperweb is probably your best resource.

• CapFeb

November 8, 2012 at 3:04 pm

In the Phoenix area, there is a huge difference between strippers, dancers, and entertainer.Every club I’ve been to has explained it to me this way:

Strippers are stereotypical strippers. It’s pretty much an insult around to.

Dancers are girls who are neither stereotypical strippers or entertainers.

Entertainers are girls who go all out. Costumes, wigs, routines, tricks. Everything. As cirq as you can get in the industry.

How much money you make on stage also depends on the club. It wasn’t uncommon for me to make $20-$70 a stage at the last club I was at. I make like, nothing at this one :p

• ph0enixxx

November 17, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I've been working as an exotic dancer since June. I started out because I lost my job (cause the business shut down) and I needed to pay rent. I was always curious about becoming a stripper, so I walked into a Gentleman's Club one night and was offered the job after dancing to one song. The industry grew onto me. It was the best and easiest money that I have ever made. I could make more than a bi weekly paycheck in one night! The only down side is having to deal with a lot of grimy people. I always feel so uncomfortable giving lap dances and VIP rooms to the creepy people there. They often try to touch places on my body that shouldn't be touched. Other than that downside, it really is a lot of fun. In a way, it's kind of a confidence booster.

I currently work as a receptionist and I am going to school to become a teacher as well. There are some exotic dancers who fit the stereotype of a stripper. There are the ones who will do everything for money or put their money toward drugs. But not all exotic dancers are like that.

Page 2 of 2