StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Tara Karina?

• TaraKarina

January 11, 2012 at 7:39 am

Awww you guys, your all so sweet!
    I’m doing alright, have had some up’s and downs last year – An up was going away on holiday with the OH to Greece, down was panic disorder come back with vengeance!!
    Not a qualified teacher, maybe I’ll try my best this year 🙂
    Currently on the waiting list for another round of cbt (cognitive behavioral therapy) which I’m looking forward too and treating it as a positive thing.
    Not been on the pole for a very long time due to space in the house and the cold weather outside, but I’ve been surfing YT and my few FB friends watching all you girls and guys In envy lol,
    Hope your all well and having a blast on the pole!!
    Xxx

• chemgoddess1

January 11, 2012 at 7:53 am

It is good to hear from you!

• poledanceromance

January 11, 2012 at 9:11 am

Oh wow, glad to hear you’re hanging in there but sad to hear about your panic problems. You really were my inspiration- I found your videos when I was looking for something, anything, to make the panic stop.

Try to plan some workouts around your CBT. Since you encouraged me when I was at my lowest, now I encourage you to keep active, even with just light exercise. It’s such a huge help. Your expression comes from a powerful place, and it will only help you to let it out. But the motivation to continue only comes after you get back up.

We love you- please take good care of yourself on the pole and off.

• Polecat88

January 11, 2012 at 10:12 am

really sorry to hear about your problems tara, i’m going to therapy now too. you were very kind to me when i first joined sv and im glad you’re ok. next time i’m down essex way i will contact you and see if you fancy a cuppa! look after yourself babes. xx

• daisyheadmayzie

January 11, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Hi Tara,  First I want to thank you for having the courage to post on YT, it is because of you that I discovered pole!  I don't know if this will help you much, but maybe give you some hope by hearing (an abbreviated version!) of my story.  I began suffering panic attacks when I turned 21.  Within a year it had gotten so severe that I developed agoraphobia and I barely left my house for 2 more years.  Well that was almost 20 years ago and today, I live a fairly average but mostly happy life.  I don't need any medications except for a headache now and again, I have a daughter, husband, career (sales career – where I actually have to talk to people!  HA HA – never thought I would accomplish that!).  I learned lots of tricks along the way, that worked for me and helped me get through it.  If there's anything I can help you with or if you just need to chat with someone who understands, message me, I'd be happy to help if I can.  I wish I had known someone back then that could have helped me, I just thought it was hopeless and I was so alone!  I didn't even know that there was a name for the disorder that so dramatically effected my life, I just thought I wasn't a strong or brave enough person.  Take care young one, be sweet to yourself!  xoxo

• Felisha

January 11, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Tara you also inspired me with our dance as well. It’s amazing how many lives you touched through pole on a computer screen… I pray you find peace and that god continues to guide u in the right path. Your beautiful on the outside as well as on the inside.. You weren’t just practicing when you posted those videos, you inspired lives. Just remember… “I can do all things thru christ who strengthens me” philipians 4:13

• tiggertail

January 11, 2012 at 5:43 pm

So happy to hear (read you)

You've been one of the first girl i saw on YT too and it was really an inspiration to me. I'm wishing you the best for the future, hoping that cbt help you. I've been working on it by myself with the book for dummies (yep they did one) to help me with my depression. Hope to hear and see from you in this new year and maybe a little pole video when you get back on it.https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• GisaFelix

January 11, 2012 at 6:11 pm

I'm amazed to know that she has inspired so many people. I discovered the existence of Studio Veena because of her.. I spent many hours watching her videos on YT and the first thing I did when I signed up here was to try to get in touch with her . So , I hope she is Okay and I hope she reads this topic to realize how important she was and still is  for all of us. I'd really like to see her dancing again !

• polefairy

January 11, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I found StudioVeena through her videos too https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif 

Really nice of you to check back in to read this thread Tara Karina. I am having CBT for anxiety too, it's been really helpful. I just know 2012 is gona be great!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• Angie La

January 12, 2012 at 12:35 am

@ Tarakarina: I didn't even know about StudioVeena until I saw your videos on youtube.  You make it look so effortless and so much fun!  There already are so many of us who you have inspired.  Funny, but I was also thinking about you very recently, haha.  Wishing you an amazing jump start on 2012!  You are incredible!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• Riddleboxxy

January 12, 2012 at 1:54 am

Awesome! Yeah, I also found StudioVeena through Tara:) It’s good to see you are alive and well (for the most part).. I have anxiety and it really makes life impossible sometimes..:/ I hope you can get back into your poling soon, it’s a shame that you can’t. Thanks for taking the time to post

• Lina Spiralyne

January 13, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I too first heard about SV on Tara Karinas channel. And when I was a beginner the "Only hope" vid was the first or second pole vid I found. Loved it, especially the reverse grabs! I was watching it many times when I had signed up for my first class and waited for the course to start. It's a pity that you Tara don't have enough pole space at home to practise in the winters:(.

All the best!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 13, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Tara Karina is a beautiful pole dancer for sure!!! Take care of yourself Tara https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

• Goofy

January 14, 2012 at 3:55 am

I also bought a pole through Tara. Her videos surprised me, I'm fell in love with the pole since this moment and I would like to do the same things. Even I wrote Tara asked for advice on buying the pole 🙂

• CreativityBySteffie

January 14, 2012 at 11:18 am

Hi Tara.

You where the first I saw poledance and the reason I bought my pole last year. I love your videos! I did not know, you suffer from anxiety. So do I.. I started cbt a little while ago, and its done so much for me already. Even quit my medication last summer. I wish you all the luck in the world. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

Page 2 of 3