StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions The Great Midwest Pole Competition and Convention 2011

• Charley

December 21, 2010 at 8:17 pm
  • joni1

December 25, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Does anyone know when approximately this event will take place. I live in Ontario,Canada but I want to fly in for this great event. I have never been to chicago. I have to plan out and book the time off for this.

• Mary Ellyn

December 25, 2010 at 5:36 pm

at this point we are anticipating late July or August. We hope to finalize & confirm a venue by the end of January.

It wont be IN the city of Chicago but in a suburb. There is too much politics and red tape to do anything in the city plus it would be outrageously expensive.

We are not clear on what comps we will have at this point but it will be a regional comp – open only to participants living in the Midwest and South Central region. If we host the Masters division THAT will be for national and probably Canadian participants.

A lot will depend on the venue we get as to how much time we have to show the comps…we figure each level will take 2 hours so we need to decide how many levels people will be interested in sitting through.

Unless we do a two-day comp with 2 levels on each day.

• JBStarryEyedGirl

April 8, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Posted by Mary Ellen on FB today:

ARE YOU READY???

The Great Midwest Competition will be held in late August!
    Divisions open to only Midwest residents: Elite (pro) & Rookie (amateur)
    National level: Masters (age 45 & up) open to US, Canada & Mexico residents.

ALL ages may enter the Elite and Pro division, including if you are over 45. However the Masters division is open ONLY to ages 45 and up.

All categories open to men a& women.

• Mary Ellyn

April 8, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Thanks for re-posting.

I'm having a difficult time navigting since my primary computer is in repair right now!

We have more information coming soon and once everything is locked in with a contract I will post it in the events section and update this thread.

I'm SO freaking excited! We got a great location!

• JBStarryEyedGirl

April 8, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I"M so freaking excited, thanks for organizing amazing events like this! This will be my first pole con and I am EXCITED!

• Veena

Administrator
    April 8, 2011 at 1:22 pm
  • Lady Throttle

April 8, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Aww I'm so sad! This would have been my very first pole competition I would have been attending and watching (not competing), but if it's late august I can't go. I'm moving to hawaii that month on the 1st or 2nd 🙁

Bummer!

• Voodoochild

April 11, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Where exactly is the Midwest region? Is it just the midwest of Illinois or the midwest of U.S? Just wondering 🙂

• Mary Ellyn

April 11, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Midwest refers to the Midwest states which are listed here:

http://www.freewebs.com/midwestpoledancing/apps/links/

• debbierockz

April 11, 2011 at 3:35 pm

well its about time midwest gets some action.cant afford right now to go across the world for a pole event so im very happy….WOO HOO

• JayF1

April 11, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Beyond exciting!!! Can't wait to see everyone!!!

• NicciWink

April 13, 2011 at 6:48 pm

How exciting! We’d love to plan a trip & bring as many from our studio as possible!

• luvlee

April 13, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Is this event only for comprtitors then, or can we come watch? Is there a jam? Thanks!! : )

• Mary Ellyn

April 13, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Of course we want LOTS Of people to come and watch. It wouldn't be a competition without an audience!!! 

Not sure about a jam or any extras like workshops. We are still working out details for just the competition theater now. Should have news within a couple days!

Page 2 of 4