StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions The Great Midwest Pole Competition and Convention 2011

• Mary Ellyn

April 13, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Of course we want LOTS Of people to come and watch. It wouldn't be a competition without an audience!!! 

Not sure about a jam or any extras like workshops. We are still working out details for just the competition theater now. Should have news within a couple days!

• nymphdancer

April 14, 2011 at 3:17 pm

hee hee and since Kentucky isn't on the list I won't feel compeled to even try to enter 🙂 saving myself much embarassment I'm sure!

• JBStarryEyedGirl

April 14, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Time

Saturday, August 27 · 10:00am – 11:00pm

Tinley Park, IL

Created By

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1284197877

More Info

Announcing: The Great Midwest Pole Dance Competition!

Who will be the Midwest Pole Performers Of The Year?

The Midwest Pole Performers Of The Year will have it all! Musicality, the ability to engage the audience, jaw dropping tricks, creative spins, exciting floor work, and even creative costuming.

Winners will be chosen with an equal balance of scoring and valuation among a long list of criteria. Someone who’s strengths are super advanced tricks will be on an equal playing field with someone who is articulate and graceful with beautiful spins and musicality.

The Midwest Pole Performer Of The Year will take your breath away, inspire you, make you cry or make you laugh, or maybe leave you speechless with awe or breathless and shaking with excitement. It will be the performance you will want to see again and again and share with everyone you know. This will be the pole dancer who makes you stand up and scream!

When:
    Saturday August 27th, 2011

What categories*
    Rookie – no inverted moves.
    Elite – Top 2 will be awarded “pro” status – no limit to moves.
    Masters – Age 45 and over – no limit to moves
    *See valuation and scoring for specific details for each division (Coming soon!)

Who:
    Rookie and Elite divisions open only to residents of the Midwestern States
    Masters Division open to residents of the US and Canada
    Men and women will be eligible to compete against each other in all categories

Poles:
    Two 50mm chrome X-Poles (XStage or full poles TBD)
    Rookie – static only
    Elite – choice of static or spin or both
    Masters – choice of static or spin or both

How to get started:
    First round – 3 minute online video submission.
    Elite deadline – June 1st. Winners will be notified by June 8th
    Masters and Rookie deadline: June 15th. Winners will be notified by June 22nd

Entries who do not qualify for the Elite division may re-submit their online entry for the rookie or the masters division. Participants may ONLY compete in one division.

Online Judging:
    An online panel of judges will choose 6 competitors for each division

Competition Day Schedule (tentative and subject to change)
    10:00am: Doors open with access to vendor displays
    1:00pm: Masters Division
    2:45pm: Rookie Division
    4:30pm: Elite Division
    8:00pm: Grand Showcase (judges and special guests)

Winners will be announced at the end of each division.

• Mary Ellyn

April 14, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Thanks for posting! I just had time to make one announcement before I ran out for classes tonight!

I'm excited and nervous about this all at the same time! More information will be coming soon!

• muffin85

April 15, 2011 at 2:00 pm

SO EXCITED!!!! and it's so close to home!!!!!!!!

• Anjel

April 19, 2011 at 4:08 am

If I grew up in Chicago, moved to Los Angeles, and now spend my time between the two cities (because half my family is in LA and half in Chicago) would I be able to enter this competition?

• Mary Ellyn

April 19, 2011 at 8:11 am

Hello Anjel…you must be a current resident of the Midwest for at least 30 days before applying and at the time of the competition.

• Mary Ellyn

April 19, 2011 at 8:11 am

Oops…forgot to ask…what is your legal residence on your driver's license or whatever government ID you would be required to show when you register?

• Mary Ellyn

April 20, 2011 at 10:35 pm

A couple of updates:

XPole is now our primary sponsor!!!

The Masters Division will now be open to men and women age 40 and up!

Clarification on residency for the Elite and Rookie division: Must be a Midwest resident from 90 days before submitting for the preliminary round through the day of the competition

We are now going to be hosting a day of workshops on Sunday 8/28/11 – the day after the competition – at the convention center!!!

We will not have details on workshop for a few weeks yet but you can plan on workshops!!!

• Mary Ellyn

May 5, 2011 at 7:23 am

We are excited to announce our first official judge for this competition – Karol Helms!

Karol will also be teaching a workshop on Sunday 8.28.

Also to update our poles: We have confirmed that we will be using one 45mm and one 50mm pole on XStages.

• Mary Ellyn

May 11, 2011 at 7:10 am

We've added some more judges to the line up:

Michula Nunez and Natelie Te Kawana are our first two online judges for the preliminary rounds.

We've also added Prana to our panel of finalist judges at the compeitition. Prana will be teaching a workshop on Sunday after the event as well.

• Charley

May 11, 2011 at 9:20 am

YAY!  Prana!

• DocK

June 2, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Very excited to hear about the "masters" category.  Going to try : )

• Mary Ellyn

June 2, 2011 at 5:34 pm

That's great! Write me if you have any questions!

• Mary Ellyn

June 3, 2011 at 10:16 am

So here are our most recent updates:

Online judges:
    Natalie Takanawa
    Michula Nunez
    Lizz Schofield

Final round judges:
    Karol Helms
    Amber Richard
    Prana
    Collette Kakuk

This competition is sanctioned by the PFA and the IPDFA!

The first place winner of the Elite (pro) division will gain automatic entry into the semi finals online round for the IPDFA world championships to be held later this year!

First place winner from each division will win a 5-night all-inclusive trip for 2 to Hedonism 2, an Xpole and more prizes will be announced.

Deadlines for preliminary online video submission:

Elite Division: June 15th

Masters and Rookie Divisions: June 30th

Showcase:

At the end of the evening we will conclude with a showcase of our featured dancers which will include:

Michelle Mynx
    Amber Richard
    Collette Kakuk
    Karol Helms
    Lindsay Kimura
    Prana
    (more to be announced soon)

Workshops:
    Michelle Mynx
    Amber Richard
    Karol Helms
    Prana

will be held on Sunday August 28th at the convention center
    Cost $75 for 90 minutes. Space will be limited!
    (More to be announced soon along with schedule)

Tickets:
    Will go on sale later this month.

VIP (first 3 rows) $65
    General Admission $45

Hotel: Holiday Inn Convention Hotel.
    Convention hotel discount: $119 (plus taxes) double occupancy
    One king or two double beds.
    Booking codes will be available next week!

This hotel is attached to the Tinley Park Convention Center. Discount ends 30 days prior to event! You can hold this rate with your credit card as long as you cancel with at least 72 hours notice without incurring a penalty.

Page 3 of 4