StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions The Great Midwest Pole Competition and Convention 2011

• Mary Ellyn

June 3, 2011 at 10:16 am

So here are our most recent updates:

Online judges:
    Natalie Takanawa
    Michula Nunez
    Lizz Schofield

Final round judges:
    Karol Helms
    Amber Richard
    Prana
    Collette Kakuk

This competition is sanctioned by the PFA and the IPDFA!

The first place winner of the Elite (pro) division will gain automatic entry into the semi finals online round for the IPDFA world championships to be held later this year!

First place winner from each division will win a 5-night all-inclusive trip for 2 to Hedonism 2, an Xpole and more prizes will be announced.

Deadlines for preliminary online video submission:

Elite Division: June 15th

Masters and Rookie Divisions: June 30th

Showcase:

At the end of the evening we will conclude with a showcase of our featured dancers which will include:

Michelle Mynx
    Amber Richard
    Collette Kakuk
    Karol Helms
    Lindsay Kimura
    Prana
    (more to be announced soon)

Workshops:
    Michelle Mynx
    Amber Richard
    Karol Helms
    Prana

will be held on Sunday August 28th at the convention center
    Cost $75 for 90 minutes. Space will be limited!
    (More to be announced soon along with schedule)

Tickets:
    Will go on sale later this month.

VIP (first 3 rows) $65
    General Admission $45

Hotel: Holiday Inn Convention Hotel.
    Convention hotel discount: $119 (plus taxes) double occupancy
    One king or two double beds.
    Booking codes will be available next week!

This hotel is attached to the Tinley Park Convention Center. Discount ends 30 days prior to event! You can hold this rate with your credit card as long as you cancel with at least 72 hours notice without incurring a penalty.

• Mary Ellyn

June 3, 2011 at 10:18 am

Sorry that posted twice…if webmaster can remove one please do! Thanks!

• PunkyJessie

June 3, 2011 at 10:32 am

I am THERE and sooooo excited! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif  Mary Ellyn… I just might just have to move in – lol.  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• Mary Ellyn

June 3, 2011 at 12:12 pm

That's great Jesse….glad you're going to be participating!

Hey…a couple of other things I want to bring up:

I am not judging nor making any of the decisions for either the online nor the finals rounds. We have worked very hard to make certain that judging and criteria are fair and transparent.

We will not make score cards available to the public nor will we tell the audience the exact totals at the competition but participants will be able to see their scorecards after the competition.

Judges will not be from the Midwest – since that is an option we can manage – however there is no way to assure that the judges we do choose will not know some of the competitors. That is impossible to avoid in this day of travel and internet contacts. It's even possible that some of the Masters division judges will come from schools of some of the judges as well.

The PFA and the IPDFA have sanctioned this event because they approve our judges and our way of scoring. However, I am certain that just as with all competitions there will be disappointment and controversy in the end. I just want to say that we are trying very hard to keep this as fair and equal as possible.

I also want to say that it's much easier for us as we are following in the footsteps of those who have created other competitions and paved the way for us!

• Mary Ellyn

June 3, 2011 at 12:12 pm

That's great Jesse….glad you're going to be participating!

Hey…a couple of other things I want to bring up:

I am not judging nor making any of the decisions for either the online nor the finals rounds. We have worked very hard to make certain that judging and criteria are fair and transparent.

We will not make score cards available to the public nor will we tell the audience the exact totals at the competition but participants will be able to see their scorecards after the competition.

Judges will not be from the Midwest – since that is an option we can manage – however there is no way to assure that the judges we do choose will not know some of the competitors. That is impossible to avoid in this day of travel and internet contacts. It's even possible that some of the Masters division judges will come from schools of some of the judges as well.

The PFA and the IPDFA have sanctioned this event because they approve our judges and our way of scoring. However, I am certain that just as with all competitions there will be disappointment and controversy in the end. I just want to say that we are trying very hard to keep this as fair and equal as possible.

I also want to say that it's much easier for us as we are following in the footsteps of those who have created other competitions and paved the way for us!

• Mary Ellyn

June 3, 2011 at 12:13 pm

duh! Must be hitting the submit button wrong! Sorry folks!

Page 4 of 4