StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions The pole and christianity

• velvetvixen

April 7, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Pole dancers are a minority in general and Christian Pole dancers seem to be even more so. Other dances, tango, etc were inappropriate at one point but were eventually accepted.

Some of friends know I pole, others do not. Its not an issue of Christian vs. Non Christian. Its more an issue of open understanding people vs. those who don’t care to know more/ judge w/o knowing whole story. I choose to share with understanding people only.

As for sin in general, God sees sin as sin and will forgive any sin. Humans are the ones who say one sin is worse than the other. Judging others is just as bad of a sin as murder for example. That being said, we sin every day. Some sins do have more consequences in our world and it is best to avoid those. The Bible does mention sins to avoid but that is to protect us from consequences b/c God doesn’t want us to go down that road. God also doesn’t expect us to be perfect and will always forgive.

I’m a Christian pole dancer and also pole dance in dance clubs. I do regular dancing too but prefer pole. My husband was ok with public dancing b/c he knows my intention is to have fun with other polers. He will only watch me (in our home) and doesn’t want to see anyone else, even videos (b/c he knows his own boundaries.) Now if my thoughts start going towards other men or performing for them, then its up to ME to catch this and not head down that road. (I would find this wrong for ME to do.) I don’t think this is going to happen b/c when guys hit on me/talk to me, I mentioned husband w/o delay! Most of time women come up to me to ask about pole, not men.

Pole can be done so many ways and in different settings. Since it will never be "clear" if pole is an obvious sin (considering all the diff types/ variables) as murder (most would say this is a sin) I think you will have to trust your own boundaries/ sense of right and wrong. If you don’t feel comfortable after doing something , you can always go back track.I hope this helps!

• StephanieStorm

April 8, 2010 at 3:43 am

As a Christian I am not worried about it at all. I have many other sins to worry about. lol.

I would have jokingly said "judging others is a sin" (it wouldn’t have been a joke tho)

Peace and happy poling!
    xx

• StephanieStorm

April 8, 2010 at 3:54 am

Also for the record while i think there is arguably a time and place for overt sexuality, I dont think theres anything wrong with pole being sensual, or sexy. we are sexual beings, and we should not be afraid to use that word or be afraid of expressing raw femininity…

xo

Page 2 of 2