StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Toes and feet

• Toes and feet

Posted by MariYabe on March 9, 2011 at 10:36 am

I don't know why but I have a pet peeve about un-pointed toes. Your feet and toes are so important. Especially when some many dancers perform/workout without shoes. Your feet finish off a beautiful pose, they're the final touch, the cherry on the sundae, the exclamation point (pun intended) to every facet of pole dance!

Pole dancing is extremely difficult. All the effort, tears and sweat, bruises, sore muscles, hours of learning pole tricks and routines is really arduous. It's heart breaking to watch a beautiful fully thought out and fluid routine only see, for lack of a better word, ugly feet.

Runemist34 replied 13 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • litlbit

March 9, 2011 at 11:00 am

I have "EXTREMELY" flat feet…which means…there is absolutely no arch in my foot…which makes it impossible to point.  So I do what I can…ugly feet or not, it's my fitness and my expression….so don't look 🙂 *Hugz* 

• Veena

Administrator
    March 9, 2011 at 11:09 am

I agree that pointed feet, extension, lines are important….BUT….this takes time for pole dancers to learn. Many members here don't even have a dance background. The majority of members here are also new to pole and this will be something they work towards…..Keep on dancing everyone we can't all be perfect. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif Pointed feet are important but I feel its more important that you all enjoy pole journey.

• nymphdancer

March 9, 2011 at 11:46 am

I've ridden and shown horses for over 30 years. HEELS down has been drilled into my head for 30+ years so dispite the fact that I wear heels all the time when I dance I have to remind myself to point my toes instead of push into the heels. I have no dance background until starting pole about 4 years ago. I'd love for pointed toes to become natural to me (and they are its just taking time) I was blessed with high arched "genie" feet I'd love to show them to the perfection they deserve.

• Runemist34

March 9, 2011 at 2:34 pm

@ Nymphdancer….I'm so jealous. I love horses, but around here, it's hard to get near them very much unless you're rich! Or have family with horses 😛

Pointed feet are pretty natural to me, and I don't know why. I practically have ballet feet when I point. So, I try to point them when I dance, and I sometimes succeed, and sometimes I'm so distracted by the actual dancing that I forget!

I think that this is just one of those things…some people get it naturally, some cannot, and some simply cannot achieve it at all, ever. 

Like Veena said, as long as we're all enjoying ourselves, it doesn't matter that much. Some of us are here just for ourselves, and we post videos because we like to share sometimes. That doesn't mean we're dancing for everyone else, and as long as everyone is having fun and is happy, why not just let the feet go? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif