StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Training advice?

• byrdgrrl

April 3, 2014 at 1:09 pm

I like rope climbing as an additional excercise. I use both a thick old-school gym rope (like in this article: http://www.apexmovement.com/blog/4-reasons-to-climb-rope/ ) with just my body and a rock climbing rope with a harness and metal ascenders to climb (jugging, in rock climber parlance). The gym rope is best for working on my grip, but even climbing with ascenders, I still have to use my arms, legs and core to progress up the rope. Plus, rope climbing is fun, so it makes me want to do it.

• Rachel Osborne

April 4, 2014 at 7:55 pm

To be honest I think the best training is the training activity you enjoy most.

Because then you are motivated to actually do it.

I’ve got a weights bench and bar bells etc at home gathering dust because it bored me. Whereas I love dance and yoga and Pilates and can fit in weights into a quick highly efficient full body/body weight resistance/HIIT DVD workout like Jillian Michaels done at home. I know weight training is great but I’m not interested enough to focus on it. Poling does it for me because its weight training plus flexibility plus dance. And I get to whizz about and go upside down as a bonus!

Page 2 of 2

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now