StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions USPDF Championship results!!!!

• velvetvixen

March 23, 2010 at 8:26 pm
  • cricket

March 23, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Bah! I got a chance to watch Zoraya’s and Sarah’s all the way through, but by the time I was done with Sarah’s the other videos were pulled.

• blueeyes

March 23, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I feel like we shouldnt be tagging the videos as uspdf on youtube, thats just asking for them to be taken down!

• verticaltherapy

March 23, 2010 at 9:47 pm

It seems the new "It" move this year was the Allegra. A lot of the competitors did it. jessalyn danced to phantom of the opera– "all i ask of you"– it’s sung as a duet.

i really wish i knew more about how the judges selected the winner– NOT an easy task! the quality of performances were head and shoulders above last year. it’s amazing to realize how much pole has evolved. a year ago, sarah’s twisted grip handspring was THE new trick. women this year were doing iron Xs, flag presses to brass monkeys, TG lifts from a climb, shoulder mount CLIMBS… there was a lot of artistry and dance even though the physicality was so insane, everyone in amateurs did their optional routine without shoes, which i think was a reflection of the changed paradigm after amber won USPDF west.

the show was really great to watch. i wonder how pole will evolve over the next year!

• chemgoddess1

March 23, 2010 at 10:26 pm
  • LittleC

March 23, 2010 at 11:05 pm

AHHHH! I am so bummed – I didn’t get to them either.

• Journey

March 24, 2010 at 12:27 am

Wow that was fast… 0_0 I thought they would be up for at least a week! I hope this doesn’t mean that they’re going to crack down on the camera stuff next year… https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif

And yes, a lot of the competitors did the allegra… I wanted to pull my hair out when the host asked Allegra to demonstrate it! I was like, "We’ve seen it a million times already!" lol Oh well, no one can do the allegra like Allegra, anyway.

• Fleur

March 24, 2010 at 2:15 am

For those of you who wanted to know what Allegra danced to, the first song is "System" by Chester Bennington of Linkin Park from the Queen of the Damned soundtrack. The second song was "Control" by Puddle of Mudd.

Jenyne danced to "Breaking Away" by Chandiss, check her out at http://www.chandiss.com

I will post a video of my piece soon, I promise, and I will post a blog about the weekend shortly!

Thank you all for the support, it was an amazing show and I am proud to have been a part of it https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Congratulation to Alethea, Karol, and Estee on their titles, they were fantastic!

• REDKE71

March 24, 2010 at 3:29 am

Hey everyone!!! Glad to see everyone is enjoying the USPDF videos I put up. Like I told people on FB. Enjoy it while it lasts before they take it down. I had a blast in NYC and chillin and meeting new polers. I am upset that Jessalynn didn’t place but then again I’m biased.lol….Overall It was a great show. I can’t wait until next year:)

theyre already gone.. tried to show melanie earlier and poof…

• REDKE71

March 24, 2010 at 3:32 am

i will also refilm my routine in the studio and post it in a few weeks..

• blueeyes

March 24, 2010 at 3:49 pm

The amatuer contestant videos are up… do a uspdf search… NOW! they will be gone!

• Fleur

March 24, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Link please? Trying to search for it….

• blueeyes

March 24, 2010 at 4:06 pm

youtube.com/lindylex

• Fleur

March 24, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Thanks blueeyes, just watched them all, AWESOME!!!

• amy

March 25, 2010 at 12:41 am

seriously. what’s the difference between amateur and pro again? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_tongue.gif

Page 5 of 7