StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Waxing legs and… such!

• LizziePole

September 1, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Its funny that this thread has popped up I was thinking of getting an epilator! For you British folk I have boots points to spend about £25 and I have a £20 voucher so I won't end up having much money to put towards it yus!!! So Nightfall which one have you got? I was looking at the new Braun one but I heard its more sore than the Phillips one. Any recommendations from anyone?

• luvlee

September 1, 2012 at 8:10 pm

The Nair Shower Power MAX works so well for me. Lasts about 4 days. I am naturally brunet and have course hairs. I did a product review on my beauty channel on YT. My channel is scentpsycho81.

• Stevesgirl

September 1, 2012 at 11:34 pm

adAstra, I do NOT recommend the NoNo!  Google it and you will see the reviews are really bad.  I've known quite a few people who have tried it and absolutely NO ONE said it was decent!

My hair grows so fast that I can shave in the morning and by 2:00 in the afternoon I have major stubble.  Thankfully, my hair is light so it doesn't show too bad.

I tried an epilator on my face and it worked fantastic but I got a horrid rash afterward that lasted 2 1/2 weeks.  I am afraid to try it on my legs because I don't want another rash!  My skin is very sensitive to things like that so I am sure it was just me.    

I wish I could do IPL or laser but I have red hair and none of those things work on red hair – POOP! 

I am now thinking of trying wax but I think I will have a professional do it. 

LizziePole, I have heard that Emjoi epilator is really good.  That is the one I was going to get if the one for my face one had worked out.

• JhennD

September 2, 2012 at 3:30 am

I don’t mind the pain – tolerance grew, just think of it as pole burns, tolerance over time.
    What was unbearable was the time it took me, I could go to a salon with an expert waxer and two full legs and chit chat 25 minutes. Me 2 hours, reheat ap

• JhennD

September 2, 2012 at 3:37 am

I don’t mind the pain – tolerance grew, just think of it as pole burns, tolerance over time.
    What was unbearable was the time it took me, I was slow and not skilled enough to be happy with the results. I paid for someone to do it, way better for me. I liked when hairs were spiky versus long so however length of time that is. I thought it was easier that way.

• JhennD

September 2, 2012 at 3:37 am

What was unbearable was the time it took me, I was slow and not skilled enough to be happy with the results. I paid for someone to do it, way better for me. I liked when hairs were spiky versus long so however length of time that is. I thought it was easier that way.

• NightFall

September 2, 2012 at 6:17 am

Lizzie, mine is the Braun one. ‘Which’ magazine said it did hurt more, but they reckoned it was because it pulled more hairs in the first pass than the Philips. I highly recommend it!

• NightFall

September 2, 2012 at 6:21 am

adAstra, I got my epilator after doing a lot of research on the no!no! Basically you have to use it everyday alonside shaving for a year before the hairs get thinner. :/ I figured I could epilate for a few months and get that effect. Or, if your skin and hair are compatible, go the IPL route.

• NightFall

September 2, 2012 at 6:21 am

adAstra, I got my epilator after doing a lot of research on the no!no! Basically you have to use it everyday alonside shaving for a year before the hairs get thinner. :/ I figured I could epilate for a few months and get that effect. Or, if your skin and hair are compatible, go the IPL route.

• marie90

September 2, 2012 at 9:09 am

I have this epilator: http://eleven.se/en/philips-epilator-satinelle-plus-hp6402-11632.html
    A Philips. I think it's very good. My sister also like it.

And for the IPL, I have light skin and dark hair so it works very well for me.
    The tips to use tha hairdryer fpr the wax strips was good. I have only tried to rub them between my hands. But now that I've got tha hang of warm wax I think I'll keep going on that one.

• FeeDen

September 2, 2012 at 9:15 am

Lizzie, I also have the Braun epilator. I find it is a bit painful at first but after about 5 minutes the endorphins or whatever flood in and it doesn't feel so bad unless I do a really sensitive area!!   I do find a glass or two of wine before I epilate usually helps 🙂  It's just a bit tedious,as it takes a while to get all the hairs and I find myself going over areas again and again trying to ger some of the little buggers out!! Maybe the newer models are better.

• sensualdevotions

September 3, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I have given myself a Brazilian wax using sugar wax. I usually get my boyfriend to help me so it takes less time. You can make your own wax with a mixture of sugar, vinegar, and water. It’s really cool you should check it out on YouTube. I’ve also done my arm pits and legs successfully with this wax but the legs are very time consuming. I plan to do my eyebrows too but I’m afraid to do so since I have no experience with waxing eyebrows and have stuck to tweezing them myself just to be on the safe side

Page 2 of 2