StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What cardio do you do?

• What cardio do you do?

Posted by Mummyof3 on February 10, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Since getting my pole I’ve really let my cardio slip! I used to be a regular runner and swimmer but now spend all my time trying to improve my pole strength and flexibility. Anyone else let their cardio slip? I haven’t notice any change in my weight/ body though… Is the pole enough?

Hazelnut replied 11 years, 7 months ago 9 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • MrsNaughtywed

February 10, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Yes I was a long distance runner before pole. I can’t wait til the snow is gone so I can start running again. I think I let some of my cardio slip. But you gotta remember pole is like cardio too. Especially if you are just dancing around to a bunch of tunes. You can make pole very cardio too if you want to. If you are poling a lot and free styling for a few songs I would say that’s probably better than cardio??

• acoretacri

February 10, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I feel it is about the same if you dance continuosly for 30 minutes. I like to add sexy squats and plies to condition my legs. You can also so leg raises. Not sure how to make a lunge sexy yet. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gifI I feel like my lower body needs the extra focus sometimes. If I really freestyle it is moderate to strenous exercise so I count it as cardio. I get about the same workout from my 30 minute cardio interval workouts.

• vickiezoo

February 11, 2013 at 7:58 am

I started running this year and hoola hooping 🙂

• XxMyztikxX

February 11, 2013 at 8:04 am

I will walk or roller blade sometimes. basketball if its a consistant game with someone without stopping.

• Lady Glitter Sparkles

February 11, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I do turbokick at the gym for my maine cardio. But after a pole workout with lots of dancing and stregthening, it feels about the same. It think pole dancing is enough; its a full body workout and theres always something different you can work on each time.

• calipolepixie

February 12, 2013 at 6:11 am

Zumba 1-2x a week. Hula hooping occassionally (not nearly enough though) when I find someones yard or space to do it in.

• jeansgina

February 12, 2013 at 10:06 am

I do a cardio warm up before I pole, go running occaisionally and walk an hour a day to and from work. I have quit the gym recently because I was spending all my time on the pole so didn’t seem worth keeping it.

• Hazelnut

February 12, 2013 at 11:44 am

Only zumba once a week, and a short (20 min) run once a week too. But then I walk to work and home every day (30 mins each way), and pole twice a week. So I think that's enough!

I know what you mean – I feel sometimes I should be doing more cardio, especially for the heart-protection factor… but pole is so much more fun, I think it's maybe worth the slight decrease in exercise quality for the enjoyment! Pole puts more of a smile on my face than anything and that counts more than heartrate sometimes!