StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What does your MOTHER think about poledancing?

• tiggertail

September 24, 2012 at 11:40 am

My parents learns from day one, they were taking care of the boys while i was out for a try out and got back with my pole. When i told my boys i had got them a little something my oldest just shout ''a pole!?'' lol

Had to explain but they were ok with it even ask me to have some of my video to show her friends. But if my mom is supportive of it, she not sure about anything that may look like hip circle https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif lol I think it's really funny since you can see move way more sexy in another type of dance. Well anyway i didn't plan on showing her the super sexy videos i keep here lol

• Lina Spiralyne

September 24, 2012 at 11:47 am

My mom is really impressed with my pole dancing and watches my vids on YT. And yesterday when I spoke to my grandmother it turned out that she is actually also watching them. I didn't know that. She said it's fantastic and that she thinks for herself with pride "is this really my grandchild??"

• GiedreB

September 24, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I'm in the same boat with MrsNaughtywed. My mom told me that if I take up pole dancing, she won't look at me as family again. Well, sooooorry mom (insert a great amount of sarcasm here), I've been doing it for more than a month and I don't give a f@#* if you think it's shameful and low. Excuse my French 😉 Oh and trust me, if I managed to hide the fact that I have a boyfriend for more than a year, this secret will be a piece of cake.

• SpyralBound

September 24, 2012 at 12:18 pm

My mom's attitude is "Well, good for you, but I don't want to hear about it or see it." I've only sent her one of my videos and that's pretty much how she replied. She's said to me before that while she understands that some women do it purely for fitness, she can't get over the sleaze factor.

I still manage to sneak it into conversation every once in a while because I'm proud of what I do and it's part of my life, and I'm not going to hide it from her just because it makes her think of strippers. But I don't send her videos or ask her to watch me perform. I did show her a photo of me doing a Butterfly fully-clothed on a tetherball pole, and she didn't say anything but I could see it all over her face- "If you have to do this, can't you do it in private?" So needless to say she doesn't know about my public performance this past January either. 

My dad… if he has an opinion on it, he hasn't made it known to me. 

My mother-in-law is totally down with it and admires me for it (though I do shield her from the sexier stuff that I do). My other female relatives – both grandmas, at least one of my aunts, my cousins and a few of my cousins-in-law (I'm pretty picky about who sees it on the in-law side) – are all cool with it too. It'd be nice if my mom was more supportive but in the end I don't really give a damn, I'm doing it anyway. 

• Jojodanza

September 24, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Sorry to hear about so many disapproving parents… 🙁

My mom actually bought me my pole and my dad has even swung around it before lol. 

• adAstra

September 24, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Well I haven't talked to my mom in 4 years since I filed for a restraining order against her, but I know this would be just one more thing for her to hate about me. It makes me so happy to know she can't spoil this for me now… and that she would hate it is icing on the cake, lol! It is so great to see there are so many supportive moms out there, that's the type that I'm going to be! My little girl and nephew already have mastered the fireman spin so if they decide to stick with it I will totally be all "soccer mom" about it 🙂

• kisses4me

September 24, 2012 at 12:52 pm

My mother is pretty okay with it. my mom gets on here and there. she even wants to go to a studio and check out a few classes.  then she even ask me if they were dvds that she could buy https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif. some of her workers did ask her "what line of work was i preparing for" but that didnt bother me cus i really didnt care what they thought. when i go to visit my family next month all of my cousins keep askin me to bring my pole so i just may.

• SHAWNEEN Burkes

September 24, 2012 at 12:56 pm

My mom would really expect nothing less of me.  I was a total tomboy growing up and she's probably just happy to see me do something that has a feminine side to it, lol.  She appreciates the strength and skill required to do it.  My SIL is the same, but my MIL….she just keeps quiet about it, lol.

• Tasha J

September 24, 2012 at 1:02 pm

My mom is pretty cool with it. At first, she thought I was nuts because she said it looked dangerous. I think, at the end of the day, she chocked it up to being another of random interests.

• Krissykiki

September 24, 2012 at 2:34 pm

My mom knew about pole fitness before I started so when I told her I bought a pole and was learning she responded with 'Oh I know about all of that. It looks like a great workout!" she always reads my blogs and watches my videos 🙂

My whole family is very suppportive of it actually. My dad was the one who came and helped me fix my pole with it slipped and got so stuck my muslces couldn't get it down.

• NickyNak

September 24, 2012 at 2:41 pm

My mum thinks its a great way to exercise. Think she's a little embaressed when its mentioned at parties, she'll quickly say "no, its for exercise" lol. But she's had a wee go, and concidering she's 63 now (was 56 when I got my pole) she had a good laugh with it lol. Always good when she appoves

• darling dearest

September 24, 2012 at 2:57 pm

My mum is glad that I'm going out and trying different things because I'm in college now and this is the time where people experiment, try new things, and usually find their "thing." She thinks it's great that I am doing what I enjoy and that I have finally found a way to work out. As a child I was not an athlete or particularly sporty at all, so this was all unexpected. She has been really supportive of my pole dancing and it was never taboo or an issue for her to accept. She pays for my pole classes, my lessons here online, and have bought me the x-pole that stands in our living room.

It's really easy to pick at the little things my mum and I fight over, but when it comes down to it, I am so thankful she has been so supportive of me in this so far. 🙂

• Loopychick

September 24, 2012 at 3:08 pm

My mum joins me in my pole dancing lessons! We have both been doing it almost 2 years and love it, so much fun and keeps us fit 🙂

• ronia

September 24, 2012 at 3:40 pm

my mum is very supportive and she actually encourages me to pole – she says exercise is good for me https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif She says if she was younger she would do it herself.https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• GG357

September 24, 2012 at 5:32 pm

My parents a pretty conservative, but to my surprise, my mom was really excited when she found I started to pole. I was even more surprised when I stopped by her work & found out she’d been showing off my pole pics. Now she’s my best consultant for help with costume & routine details. I’m a lucky gal to have such a great mom!

Page 2 of 5