StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What does your MOTHER think about poledancing?

• calipolepixie

September 29, 2012 at 10:13 pm

My mom was not sure about it at first…but then when pole fitness blew up in the media she changed her tune & even did a trial class at s factor & ended up really liking it. She hasnt taken anymore classes but wants me to show her some moves…i havent though because im always too lazy (or shy???) when she comes over lol she hasnt seen me do anything on the pole in over 2 yrs…

My mom is helping me pay for a pole party at my studio for my birthday, so i plan on doing a lil freestyle at the end of the party, so everyone can see what ive been up to the last 2 1/2 years 😉

• CapFeb

September 29, 2012 at 10:43 pm

My mom was actually really supportive about pole as a sport and not as work. She understands that for me there's a difference between what I do at work and what I do at home. She wasn't open to trying pole because she has some self image issues, and her knee is too bad to do floorwork, but she likes watching pole with me and sometimes goes to the studio with me to watch new stuff :> I still wish she'd DO pole with me, though..

• Chrissyo

September 30, 2012 at 8:49 am

My mom was completely cool about it. At one point she was going to even take a class but now she said her body won’t be able to handel it.lol she only 43. I even told my dad and he took it better then I expected. Even helped me carry my pole upstairs. The only thing he said was ” I hope you just don’t go swinging every time you see a pole” lmao I love my daddy to funny. Glad he knows now.

• PlatinumAni

September 30, 2012 at 9:43 am

My mom takes a spin every visit. Lol. Hilarious, she runs into the room jumps on in a bottom of the foot cheating fireman. She alway forgets to take off her sunglasses so when she flings her hair back they fly across the room often smacking the wall. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif She wants to try more but her hubby is a close minded sob and would freak out. He doesn't think much about me doing it.. not much surprises my family. My grandparents have watched my vids and some of your guys too! My inlaws know and support me. They took pictures of me park poling last time they were in from FL. This summer my 19 year old sister has learned quite a bit and is actually really good. I love my family! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• SaschaPoles

October 1, 2012 at 8:58 am

Aww, Machiv I'm sorry your Mom reacted that way.

My Mom was all for it when I started, she was like, "You'll never get divorced, do it!!!" lol! Two Thanksgivings in a row I brought my pole to my Grandma's and we all took a spin on it. My Uncles, Cousins, Grandma, Dad, Brother; it was funny seeing my Grama on spinny mode lol! 

• Cantetinza17

October 2, 2012 at 1:19 pm

My mom loves the fact that I do pole.  I sent her a celphone picture of me in the Scorpian and she was blown away!  I'm sorry your Mother wasn't as cool with it, but some people will always view it under a negative light.  I'm sure that if she saw it in full swing on youtube or even on this site where people keep their clothes on, she might have a slight change of mind.

• rachelskye

October 3, 2012 at 1:21 pm

It's funny…my DAD is more accepting of it than my MOM! He wasn't at first, but he realizes that it makes me happy, and he's happy if i'm happy. my mom on the otherhand can't get past the stripper stigma. no matter how many times i've tried to explain the benefits, she refuses to understand. i produced a pole art show last year called Kinetic Poetry which she purposely did not attend because she "didn't care to see woman degrade themselves." my dad went and supported me. and the show was a success!  My Kinetic Poetry show this year is this coming Sunday (hint hint 😉 ) , and the other day she asked me what time it was and where she can purchase tickets. she may actually go this year. i think it has to do with the acceptance of it by HER friends and collegues. they were totally excited to hear about it. i guess she was assuming they would hold the same closeminded opinions that she has. so we'll see if she actually attends…

• Sassypants

October 3, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Rachel, I hope she does! Progress! 🙂

• VazHarlow

October 4, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I was a little scared to tell my mom,but to my surprise she had seen a poledance group at a fair and thought it might be something for me! I was in shock haha. Nowadays she’s a bit worried tho,the moves are getting more difficult and she thinks it’s a bit dangerous. Other than that she’s very cool about it.

• rachelskye

October 8, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Well…my mom came to the show last night. and she called me today to tell me how much she was blown away by all the performances. she said it was just like cirque du soleil. yeah mom….that's what i've been trying to tell you for 3 1/2 years! so i am happy. she attended.

• luvlee

October 8, 2012 at 10:44 pm

She did not let me put my pole up in her house when I first for it but now she cheers me on and encourages me. She sees how it is good physically and mentally.

• luvlee

October 8, 2012 at 10:44 pm

She did not let me put my pole up in her house when I first for it but now she cheers me on and encourages me. She sees how it is good physically and mentally.

Page 5 of 5