StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What is your current nemisis move?

• Lee lee

February 9, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Inverted crucifix for me too! For some reason as soon as I let go, I get scared that I’m going to slip.

• tacha666

February 9, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Superman… I just can’t find a position where it doesn’t hurt as hell.

I thought it would also be shoulder mount, but today I noticed a little progress 🙂

• villainvixen

February 9, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Basic Invert 🙁 

Its sad! My legs do manage to get far enough into the air to touch the pole, but then I crash back down. 

• DulceDivine

February 9, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Right now mine are the Superman and the Icarus. In the Superman I am SO close, I just can't get my butt to flip over and I don't feel secure with my top hand. I feel like I'm pretty close with the Icarus too….it just never fails that everytime I try as soon as I get my neck into position on the pole I lose all grip in my knee pit and can't get it back. UGH so frustrating.

• hookedonpole

February 9, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Mine is elbow grip Aysha, freaks me out and that $*&#*  handstand, even basic to the wall.  One of these days!

• GeekStrength

February 9, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Aerial inverts. One day I did it nearly 10 times in a row, but now I maybe get up once every 10 times I try. So frustrated.

• TansyRae

February 9, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Other than the stupid superman ?

Probably doesnt count but my biggest nemisis is the pile of toys and massive tote of legos that got confiscated from the kid for bad behavior… and the only place they could go was in the corner of our room rendering my pole useless…its going to be a loooong two weeks because this mama is literally grounded 🙁

• AliciaPolerina

February 9, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Stupid Janerio!!!! Can't get my butt around the pole and keep missing the "shelf" that the arm creates!   Also the Machine gun…Similar problem! My Titanic is on and off too, never consistant, no problem on brass pole at one studio, and a total fail at another on chrome…sigh!

• Lyme Lyte

February 9, 2013 at 10:50 pm

@ serena…I find the aerial invert hit and miss as well.  Actually I did it on spin mode and it seems easier!  Give it atry, the key is bringing your knees in front of the pole kind of sideways.  Check out my latest video.  And GOOD LUCK!

• Aviva

February 9, 2013 at 11:31 pm

That russian split, flying K, Oona splits..whatever you call it– every time I try it I hurt myself.  I might be letting that one go.  

• EvaRut

February 9, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Twisted grip stuff. I think my shoulders are pretty strong and I can Iron X in other grip but I just can barely do anything in TG without getting sore in my shoulders.

• PixiLouBell

February 9, 2013 at 11:34 pm

flag dead lift! my side and core muscles suck! lol

• Black Orchid

February 10, 2013 at 1:23 am

Currently, my Straight Edge from elbow grip. It feels so close but yet evading me! I am going to be so excited when I get there! Also I'd say my handspring prep from cup or split grip is going to be my long-term nemesis move :/ Either my lower arm isn't strong enough or I'm just not string enough in my core for this one which kinda bums me out! 

• Kyrsten

February 10, 2013 at 1:31 am

Marion Amber and Flag Invert are both super hit or miss for me also! Sometimes I go up effortlessly and other times I'm not even close 🙁

@Alicia, the shelf in the machine gun… I have to bend forward REALLY REALLY far to get myself in the correct position. The pole also has to be lower down in my thigh than I would normally place it in a standard pole sit.

• Kyrsten

February 10, 2013 at 1:32 am

Also, I just freaking SUCK at shoulder mounts!! I hardly ever do them LOL unless it's my back hook SM.

Page 2 of 6