StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What is your current nemisis move?

• Brandi RocknBody

February 12, 2013 at 9:57 am

The freakin’ shoulder mount. Maybe my ass is too heavy for my abs to lift me up lol. REALLY frustrating!!!

• divapolegoddess

February 12, 2013 at 10:08 am

@Vickiezoo: I have a Felix Cane video which gives a helpful hint on the Scorpio. Try to get the pole on your “80’s waist”. Remember the high waisted jeans back in the 80’s? Try to get the pole in that area when you tuck before you hook the inner leg. Hope that helps 🙂

• calipolepixie

February 12, 2013 at 10:12 am

I have several…but my main ones are elbow & handstands they scare the crap out of me & the SM– I think I’m going to put the above on the back burner for awhile.

Also on my nemesis list is floorwork, executing smooth transitions & combos, extended butterfly, SG & EG Ayesha. All on my list of goals for 2013!

• NinaPoles

February 12, 2013 at 10:17 am

Elbow grip Ayesha. I can hold it forever if I have my instructor keeping a very light hold of my hips to remind me to tilt the right way, but as soon as she lets go I freak out. 

• NinaPoles

February 12, 2013 at 2:31 pm

For those of you that said Superman, have you tried all the different ways of getting into it? I kept trying and trying to get into it from Jasmine (for almost 5 months on and off), and it just wasn't happening. I tried it from a Pike Hiphold, and got it once. Then I tried it from an outside leg hang (before letting go/sinking into it, but with inverting into the right leg position), and get it every time. While I've been getting Superman consistently now for a while, I still can't do it from a Jasmine.. 🙂

• iAries

February 12, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Spinning V…..ugh! For some reason I cant seem to get that "tuck" before extending and keep banging my foot on the pole or just going into a full on spinning invert. :(((( I wanna get it so I can move on to the spinning Scorpio.

• Danielle Tillie

February 12, 2013 at 5:44 pm

I’ve been watching this thread for a while and trying to think of my nemesis move. To be honest, I’m to the point where I’m just grateful to be able to get any new tricks at all. I don’t have any major trick goals anymore. Most of the ones I don’t have are because I’m not super human strong yet nor do I have contortion level flexibility. That being said, it doesn’t mean I don’t want new tricks still! I’m just not writing anything down in my brain as a must-have goal. I guess I’ll pick the Marion Amber for my nemesis move, because it’s still so hit or miss for me, so I don’t really have that trick down yet.

• Lyme Lyte

February 12, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Good twist on the thread! I only wish I could get to your level. Never will, too old, but there are some things I should be able to get….like the darn SG Ayesha!

• poletrickster

February 12, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Anything inverted with legs off, My hands are never going to allow ayeshas or butterflies!

• zoeyxxxx

February 12, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Im working on loads. I set my self two month to get my cattetpillor back. My ayesha back. N learn my areil shoulder mount only done it twice. And my last two goals is no leg climb and my bloody splits

• Juicy J

February 12, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I love reading all of our nemesis moves.
    This reminds me that what some of us struggle with, others of us can do and vice versa.
    Just goes to show the range of skills, strengths, flexibility and mental awareness one requires in order to perfect the art of pole. We're all at such different levels and I think it's safe to say that we should never belittle another poler for what they can or can't do because we are all built so differently!
    Just be thankful that you can do what you can do now and look forward to what you can achieve one day in order to bring more JOY into your pole journey, rather than feeling disappointed from time to time (I'm preaching to myself here!)!

• Brumby

February 12, 2013 at 9:56 pm

aerial TG lift… phoenix… flag grip press to straightedge… true grip X

• lilmissRe

February 17, 2013 at 9:03 am

Climbing

• lilmissRe

February 17, 2013 at 9:03 am

Climbing

• Ninja Sarah

February 18, 2013 at 8:49 am

I just love this question because at regardless of how strong I am, how flexible I've gotten my body, how hard I work every day in the studio and my other separate gym that I go to, I still can't seem to master my High-V. It's so frustrating!! Like I can whip my body up in like 2.5 seconds with a shoulder mount, no problem. But, for whatever reason every time I try hitting a High-V before hooking my leg from a basic invert it's like my body rejects the trick. It's such bull turds that it's not even funny anymore. Like, I used to just laugh it off, but now that I am an instructor and it's one of the main things I teach in week 3 of each session, it's not so funny any more! Damn you pole! Damn you (fist shaking in anger)!!!

Page 5 of 6