StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What is your current nemisis move?

• ibelieveinunicorns77

February 18, 2013 at 5:45 pm

current nemesis move or moves are scorpio and gemini…just began doing inverts so its.still to ne mastered,but it only took me a two months to be able to do any kind of inverted tricks,bit i worked my ass of to build strength enough to do it right!:)

• Cantetinza17

February 18, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Oh my goodness what isn't right now?!  The Iguana and The Cupid is really hanging me up.  

• suigintou

February 19, 2013 at 12:18 am

CKR =[

Funny this post came up.  I follow Veena's lesson orders but could not for the love of me figure out where the pole should go in CKR.  Decided to try basic invert and inverted crucifix and those were fine…just CKR and when I get to it, probably CAR as well, booooo.

• Angie luvn mr steel

February 19, 2013 at 11:19 am

The Allegra – I just do not have the flexibility in my left leg on the inside leg hang in order for me grab around the back of my leg. I have to really work on my flexibility period, because the more advanced moves you learn alot require flexibility!!!!

• marisas

February 19, 2013 at 4:29 pm

The Ayesha has to be my Nemesis move – I have been trying this move for weeks now and don't seem to be getting anywhere – here is my latest practice session http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4lpKod-eiA&feature=youtu.be

My bum always seems to fall against the pole and I think that its supposed to stay away from the pole but its easier said than done 🙂 Im determined with this one so will keep trying

• marisas

February 19, 2013 at 4:29 pm

The Ayesha has to be my Nemesis move – I have been trying this move for weeks now and don't seem to be getting anywhere – here is my latest practice session http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4lpKod-eiA&feature=youtu.be

My bum always seems to fall against the pole and I think that its supposed to stay away from the pole but its easier said than done 🙂 Im determined with this one so will keep trying

• HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor

February 19, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I’ve got a few right now… Janeiro (just can’t release my foot without falling out but if I’m spotted into position I can hold it), Marion Amber (not sure what is doing wrong, just can’t seem to get my torso properly aligned), Titanic and Icarus (I feel like I have to use the side of my head to grip in some way – even though I probably shouldn’t – and its just too painful!)

• FlyingFireBird

February 19, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Holding any sort of handspring for a meaningful amount of time. My problem with all grips/body positions right now is that my top shoulder isn't quite strong enough to square off for more than a split second, making so that I can't quite align and end up slowly twisting out. Any strengthening exercise tips for this are welcome.

For anyone who said the Marrion Amber, and referenced getting their butt up/alignment right, Aerial Amy has an awesome tutorial/video for this on her blog. She goes through her process of learning/figuring out the move, and her tips made it work for me. She recomends squeezing your thighs really tight to get the butt in the air. From there it is learning how low your arm needs to go. I struggled with that move for months; after watching her video though, I got it on the first couple tries. Good luck!

• prettypuff1

February 19, 2013 at 11:44 pm

CAR/CKR .. becuas they BURN THE THIGHS… I can do them but they just hurt so much….

Page 6 of 6