StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What would you have liked to hear in a pole class

• CurvyDiva

June 4, 2010 at 4:02 pm

I didn’t read the entire thread so if this has already been suggested I apologize. I use Imix on Itunes all the time and search for pole and get awesome suggestions. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• pink33

January 15, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Is IMix still on ITunes and I'm just missing it?  

• CurvyDiva

January 15, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Imix is still there.  Just search for Imix in the search box and it should come up. 🙂

• pink bubbles

January 16, 2011 at 3:53 am

Hi!

So I train in two different studios and one of them only has 2 playlists which they play in the same order ALL THE TIME plus it's really weird music mixed with some rnb which is ok but really not my thing.

Although I've noticed that when I concentrate on getting a new move I can't really hear the music or the other girls talking.

At the other studio, the instructor lets us bring our own music and it's nice to be able to know people through their music too. Otherwise it's a mix of techno, rock, hiphop and old school rnb.

A friend of mine dances at a studio where her instructor has a thing for cinema so she has a lot of movie soundtracks!

I personnally like to dance to:

Massive attack

Hooverphonic

Cat Power

Radiohead

Portishead

Muse

Bittersweet

Alice in chains

Jazz (so many artists)

A tribe called quest

Prince

Madonna

Aphex Twin

Air

The Roots,….

any music I like and that gets me in a good mood really.

https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_porc.gif Happy sunday!!!https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_porc.gif

• MrsNaughtywed

January 16, 2011 at 8:37 am

I love dancing to electronic music!!! Trance, House, Electro.. and now I am obssessed with Dubstep!!!!

• Serendipityma

January 16, 2011 at 10:27 am

As another S-Girl, I can say that S Factor encourages your to bring in your own music for the dance portion of class… they have a CD player, an iPod adapter, and a general speaker-jack for the non-ipod mp3 players… no one in my class ever had any problems… 🙂

I also noticed that no one suggested Snuff by Slipknot… I always found that to be the perfect song to dance to because of the crescendo's… it covers slow & sultry, angry, powerful, and perhaps at times upbeat… it always moved me and made me feel a little bit more, and push a little bit harder in my dancing… 🙂

Other favorites of mine are (I mostly enjoy dancing to slower music):

I Love the way You Lie – Eminem

Angel – Massive Attack

Closer – Kings of Leon

Cry Little Sister – G Tom Mac (from the Lost Boys soundtrack)

Need You Now – Lady Antebellum

Moonlight Sonata – Beethoven

Climbing Up the Walls – Radiohead

P***y Liquor – Rob Zombie

Afraid – Sarah Fimm

Draw Your Swords – Angus & Julia Stone

Heavy in Your Arms – Florence & The Machine (from the Eclipse soundtrack)

I Want You – The Beatles

Crash Into Me – Dave Matthews

Stranglehold – Ted Nugent

Sober – Tool

• horsecrazy12987

January 16, 2011 at 11:17 am

I enjoy dancing to Nine Inch Nails–Physical, Hurt, Sunspots, Reptile, With Teeth and Piggy are all good songs from them. AC/DC also always puts me in the mood to dance for some reason. Let Me Put My Love Into You, Ride On, Black Ice, Hells Bells, War Machine, Got You By the Balls, to name a few.

Puscifier rev 22:20 is also a good song if you want to work on slow dancing. I like the Saw II soundtrack version the best.

• Jenn PoleLush

January 17, 2011 at 11:09 am

Love all the songs…..couple that I like that get me in the mood:

"Change" —Deftones

"A Drowning"–How To Destroy Angels

"Potions"–Pucsifer ft Trent Reznor

"The Dope Show"–Marilyn Manson

""Coma White"–Marilyn Manson

and just about anything Metallica, Alice in Chains, 🙂

Page 2 of 2