StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Where did your nickname come from???

• sexygyrl

November 21, 2011 at 2:47 pm

This popped up in a forum search I was doing, and with so many new members including myself, I thought it might be fun to revive it.

sexygyrl is actually my email address and has been for over a decade (although now it's one of a few).  I had to create an email addy in a hurry and was pretty new to email at the time.  A buddy suggested it and I just changed the spelling of girl.  

• tiggertail

November 21, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Oh yes! i had forget about that…hope the new girls join us 😀

• Tantric Limpet

November 21, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Mine is Tantric_Limpet because my boyfriend used to complain that I clung to him all the time (funny how things change https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif) like a limpet and I thought Tantric sounded intersting … so Tantric_Limpet it is … not a great pole name to be honest but then I am not a great poley https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• SpyralBound

November 21, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Oh, the story of Pankake…

My real name is Marisa, but it's pronounced "Ma-ree-sa" not "Marissa." When I was a little kid and couldn't pronounce it right, I called myself Meesy, but it was only ever a FAMILY nickname, no one else was allowed to call me that.

When I grew older, I sometimes used it as a nickname with selective people, including my (now-husband) boyfriend's family, who adapted it to Meesa. Then, in a play on the word "marzipan" (a character in a web comic we were both reading at the time), Boyfriend started calling me Meesapan.

Which has spawned literally DOZENS of spin-offs on that theme, of which Pankake is only one. He usually calls me Pan, but he's also called me Panzer, Pan-shaped-one, Pan Flute, Pantomime, Pantera, etc. (Pretty much anytime someone says pan, or a word containing pan, when he's around, he'll look at me and smile.)

I liked Pankake because it's the only one that sounds remotely cute as a pet name (LOL) and just changed the spelling to make it "mine." Nowadays I usually use Pankake or Pankakez online. Sometimes I shorten it to PK or KKZ.

• Sair

November 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm

<3 these threads 🙂

My name is Sara.

Sair Sounds like it looks "S+air".

Sairbear has been my nickname since i was a wee one. Sair is just the grown up version 😉

• Riddleboxxy

November 21, 2011 at 5:08 pm

My nickname comes from my love of the Psychopathic family (Psychopathic Records). Mine specifically is from an album/song entitled "The Riddle Box" and the meaning of it is this:

The Riddle Box is when you die you will will go to an empty room with nothing, except in the center of the room there will sit the Riddle Box. You must turn the crank of the Riddle Box. For few, there will be a vision of warmth and light, and Heaven and God. For many, there will seep out a fog, a growing insanity, images of hell and eternal damnation. Of course, you don't know whats in the Riddlebox unless you look within yourself. 

The song, if you care enough to listen 🙂

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naDta3izRUc

• azblanco

November 21, 2011 at 5:21 pm

My name is Ariel— So thats where A comes from

Z is the first intial to my current last name

Blanco will be my last name when I marry my love =)

Honestly I have been trying to think of a really creative name related to pole and i just haven't thought of one yet that I like enough to change it to… But as soon as I do, I want to change my Veena name =)

• Dancing Paws

November 21, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Because I'm a bellydancer…it is a "sensual" dance and we danced with scimitars http://www.firewhip.com/product-sword-balanced.jpg

• Dancing Paws

November 21, 2011 at 6:06 pm

…and the scimitar is a sensual creature…

• aliceBheartless

November 21, 2011 at 11:00 pm

This is a really fun thread! corbyOconnor was my AIM name back in the day… and I have just never changed it for other online names because it was easy for me to use.  It's pretty much completely based on college. Corby was one of the campus buildings, and O'Connor went with it well. I just liked how it all sounded together.  It's often mistaken for my real name, which I didn't think about when I set it up… it's totally a real name, but not mine. I have always wanted a good name that I could use as a stage name, but I have never been able to come up with something that I thought really worked for me.

• Deesse Jesse

November 21, 2011 at 11:20 pm

At my studio (409) everyone gets the nickname Déesse which means goddess. The first time I ever posted a video I asked my prof to put it under my middle name Jesse because I was worried about people being able to google me hence déesse Jesse! I’m ridiculously google-able because there’s really only so many girls named Kishanda and when you add in a Slovak last name the pool is really just me haha Jesse was what I was supposed to be named as a boy but before I was born my mom found out the ultrasound had been wrong so they let my sister (then 4 yrs old) pick a girls name and moved Jesse to a middle name. Phew! That was a long explanation!!

• Deesse Jesse

At my studio (409) everyone gets the nickname Déesse which means goddess. The first time I ever posted a video I asked my prof to put it under my middle name Jesse because I was worried about people being able to google me hence déesse Jesse! I’m ridiculously google-able because there’s really only so many girls named Kishanda and when you add in a Slovak last name the pool is really just me haha Jesse was what I was supposed to be named as a boy but before I was born my mom found out the ultrasound had been wrong so they let my sister (then 4 yrs old) pick a girls name and moved Jesse to a middle name. Phew! That was a long explanation!!

• Deesse Jesse

• coolchange

November 21, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I have always liked the old song Cool Change by The Little River Band.  I guess I was about 12 when it came out?  It would stick in my head sometimes…love the message.  Sometimes we all need a cool change in our lives : )

"Time for a cool change
    I know that it's time for a cool change
    And I know that my life is so pre-arranged
    I know that it's time for a cool change" ""   

• coolchange

November 21, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I have always liked the old song Cool Change by The Little River Band.  I guess I was about 12 when it came out?  It would stick in my head sometimes…love the message.  Sometimes we all need a cool change in our lives : )

"Time for a cool change
    I know that it's time for a cool change
    And I know that my life is so pre-arranged
    I know that it's time for a cool change" ""   

Page 5 of 7