StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Who is your pole idol?

• Madfelice

March 4, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I like Josiah 'Badazz' Grant because of his ability to make everything look so sinuous and fluid which male dancers just can't manage.  For female dancers I like Jamilla Deville.  She just has a dignity about her work that really appeals to me, not to mention the fact that she is amazing.

• heathalynne

March 4, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I’m drawn to those with fluidity, sensuality and beauty in their movement, on the pole and on the floor. Definite faves are Jenyne Butterfly (LA Pole Show), Karol Helms (Wasted Pole Dance) and Barbara Dial (Pole Superstar).

• PolefitFanatic

March 4, 2011 at 10:09 pm

@Madfelice. i think Badazz is fantastic as well. He certainly has a distinct style which I really admire, I love the way he makespole his own. @helthalynne. I will youtube Barbara Dial – I have never seen her. It is great to get a list going of performers to look up! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Madfelice

March 4, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Polefitfanatic, I am sooo excited because Badazz is coming to Australia in the next couple months, all I have to do is to figure out where to go see him.  He was putting a call out to studios for places to do workshops but since my studio removed my suggestion from the suggestions page that we do it I can only assume he wont be appearing there 🙁

• PolefitFanatic

March 4, 2011 at 11:44 pm

@madfelice – really? that would be amazing! Are you in sydney? I am going to hopefully come over in July to see Rafaela at the x-pole show. I know we could get so many more of the pole stars to this part of the world if we could organise workshops and things for them. I would love to do it, but I struggle with the time to run my businesses, my blog and my family commitments let alone my other volunteer work. I am sure there must be a business opportunity for someone to organise these. Need to put my thinking cap on!

• Madfelice

March 4, 2011 at 11:59 pm

No, Melbourne.  He is coming late April I think from memory, he is scheduled to be in the country for almost a month and will be in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and I think maybe Perth, I don't really remember, I was just excited that Melbourne was in there.  I just have to figure out when and where now, lol!

• Polecat88

March 5, 2011 at 1:31 am

I’m in love with Lu Nagata, she melds a lot of chinese dance, belly dance and martial arts movement into her performances. I do chinese dance and i really would love to be able to dance like her one day.
    I’m also in awe of quite a few people on here too!

• HazelHotpants

March 5, 2011 at 3:19 am

Alethea Austin has to be up there with one of my idols. I love her style and think her floorwork is amazing! Ive been lucky enough to have a workshop with her. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

Shadow (Amanda Duffy) is defo the queen of spin in my mind… this is the video that made me fall in love with her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSj377tqBB4

• Sassafrassle

March 5, 2011 at 3:23 am

Fyi BadAzz is coming to NZ too

• PolefitFanatic

March 5, 2011 at 3:35 am

@sassafrassle; is he coming to welly?

• VanillaryPuff

March 5, 2011 at 5:58 am

Felix Cane!! I love her style, so strong yet sensual and feminine. I know many guys who'd say, a woman with short her aint a real woman – then they see her and fall in love! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif (stupid guys, though, to say sthg like this ^^)

And Jenyne Butterfly – although in some of her vids on youtube she makes it a bit too much of a stipper show, which I don't like. I mean, I don't mind watching a good stripper show https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_exclaim.gif but I don't like seeing it combined with pole on youtube by one of the world's best polers. This only underlines the prejudice of others towards poledancing.

And then, my teacher and studio owner! She brought pole dancing to Austria. She works so hard, and shows us everytime that you can achieve what you want if you work on it.

• Layla Duvay

March 5, 2011 at 7:23 am

I gotta agree with hazeldej about Alethea! I love her sultry style and she mesmerizes me. I'm also a huge fan of Michelle Mynx. She's got that retro sassiness that I love and can really thread pretty combos together–she's always thinking up new moves. She and Katie are so much fun to watch and pole with and you can't take your eyes off them for a second when they perform!!!

• Sassafrassle

March 5, 2011 at 2:38 pm

@polefitfanatic yep, he’s coming to Welly, I think to Kiwi pole fitness, but I have a feeling to akl as well? I’m not too sure on dates though so will try and check next time I’m at class with one of my pole mates who I know is going to one

• PolefitFanatic

March 5, 2011 at 10:26 pm

@sassafrassle; I'll have to check it out. Are you going to MPDNZ? How is Maree getting on? I suppose she must be gettting  a little nervous!? I'll flick her an email this week..

well, that was a great bit of you tube viewing! Michelle Mynx is FANTASTIC polephile! A unique style. it's my favourite when dancers really add their unique take.

• TropikalParadize

March 5, 2011 at 11:04 pm

I love Felix as well…hard to beat her amazing style, I think my favorite thing about her is how she is a true performer…you can see her come alive and totally be in the moment when she is on a pole. 

I also love Pantera…I think she was one of the first prof polers I saw before I started lessons, and was totally hooked!  I love how strong she is and her amazing walk-on-the-ceiling moves!

And I love Karol Helms!! OMG for about a month I was addicted to her YouTube page!!! I would watch her Pole-A-Pedia religiously and memorize the moves, she looks so beautiful on the pole and makes all the moves she does look so natural and easy!!  I am so impressed by her talent!

Page 1 of 5