StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Why I will never buy an X-Pole

• Why I will never buy an X-Pole

Posted by black sheep on June 28, 2011 at 1:53 pm

The new X-Poles are GARBAGE. If they cannot safely go above normal home height DONT SAY THAT THEY DO.  They are not meant for studios at all, like they claim. In fact the quality of the poles has deteriorated so much it makes it comparable to the Hustler pole at Spencer Gifts!

1. User Error cop out- Being blamed for putting up poles wrong. its "too tight"  it "wasnt tight enough"  and every contradiction possible as to why the first pole we put up bent, bevedled out at the edges and broke. 

2. Sending the tech, (who was nice) to help us, and the SAME THING HAPPENED with the new poles beveling at the edges, and leaving sharp parts sicking out. (user error right)

3. The second pole installed "correctly" fell almost breaking the mirror, damaging the wall, and also the owner of the studio who was doing a fireman spin on the pole. Luckily she is an athlete and landed on her feet when the pole fell, anyone else would have fallen and gotten hurt pretty bad, and if it was during a class it would have hurt the person at the next pole.

"Oh yeah and remember folks X pole says please read the directions, and watch the video, but don't follow what the direction sheet says, as its wrong. "

Too bad X-Pole decided to cheapen their product and blame a potential reseller for wrong installation. We called Platinum Stages, they are going to help us. 

DJuana replied 10 years, 4 months ago 31 Members · 72 Replies
  • 72 Replies
  • PoleChamp

June 28, 2011 at 10:23 pm

That sux that you had this experience! I haven’t heard of anyone having this much trouble w/ the products!

Let us know if Platinum fixes all the issues!

• chemgoddess1

June 28, 2011 at 10:25 pm

While no pole is perfect I can also say that I have had PS poles break and come down during use.  

• Ophidia

June 29, 2011 at 12:05 am

Wow, I am also a studio owner and I also use X-Poles at 12′ tall. I have gotten so angry at X-Pole for blaming us (“user error”) for slipped xjoints, which has caused many problems. We made small triangular pieces of wood and used them to ancor the top dome, otherwise we may have had the same problem with slippage! I highly recommend creating those small triangles for anyone with a tall pole, that way if the pressure lessons the pole won’t slip.

• JeHanne

June 29, 2011 at 12:14 am

@ Ophidia… what is the dimensions of the wood triangle you put under the domes? 

• Ophidia

June 29, 2011 at 12:33 am

We place them around the edges of the dome (not on the inside) so that they effectively box the dome in. We used four small wooden triangles at about 1″x2″ each and screwed them into the ceiling. I’ll take a picture and post it to make it more clear 🙂

• tarah

June 29, 2011 at 1:30 am

@ lizsavage – I have to agree, I hate the new X poles!!  My friend bought 6 of them, 11 feet tall.  she installed permanent ceiling mounts which have been very difficult to deal with, in fact she had to replace the first kind with a different kind that work better, but it takes forever to loosen/tighten the poles.  the poles have to be put up before each class and taken down after, since she is renting the exercise room at a gym.  But the main problem has been the stupid X joints.  She has had the exact same kind of problems you talked about, and we had to go through the whole process of taking apart, banging out with a broomstick (which broke the broomstick, lol), etc.  Their video makes it look easy, but it is not.  She had to hire a strong guy to help because the two of us could not do it, and one of the joints was so jammed that he had to take it home and use a vice to get it out.  The whole experience has been awful.  Anyway, good luck with PS and let us know how it turns out!!  I will be praying for you, lol 😉

• OopseyDaisey

June 29, 2011 at 3:06 am

I'm about to try the broomstick tomorrow on mine (already had to unstick the pre-inserted one with the handle of a hammer…took for-freaking-ever).  Maybe there is someone at X-Pole who needs to read this (and the "X-Pole is Peeling") thread??

• LizzyLiz810

June 29, 2011 at 10:00 am

I am the owner of the studio that LIZ SAVAGE above mentioned. It was a really really scary situation. I took the poles back to X-Pole and got a refund. They have always had great customer service. I talked to them for a while about all the problems with the new xpoles, including things i have seen mentioned on this forum. They noted everyyything and will be sending it off to the head of the company to see how they can better the product. They were genuinely concerned and i know that they will do their best to fix the problems. I kept saying that the pole was cheaper quality, and they were insisting that they arent. What i think is happening is their manufacturer in CHINA is making the poles cheaper quality, and since there isnt a quality control check, xpole doesnt even know it!!! I definitely got a bad batch of poles, no doubt, and i blame the manufacturer. The weight of the pole pieces are much lighter, and they are thinner than the old poles, so when u tighten the xjoint its literally making the metal flare out and get bumpy. 

I think the xpoles are great for at home. I love the Kendra pole. However, for heights over 11'10, i wouldnt recommend it.

I am going to get permanent mounted platinum stage poles now. 

• Mechie

June 29, 2011 at 11:14 am

I recently bought an XPole. Prior to my purchase I read that a lot of people have the issue of the x-joint getting stuck.  So, I bought the Permatex Anti-Seize Lubricant and applied it onto the thread before putting the x-joint together, it works like a charm.   I put on the wrong extension on and I had to undo the whole process….the x-joint just slip right out.

About the bending issue….My current ceiling height is only 8' so it's working fine but I plan on moving soon and the new place ceiling will be about 11-12'…I wonder if my pole will hold?? Or should I get an XPole permanent mount?? 

PS.  If any want to the Anti-Seize Lubricant, here's the link to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-81343-Anti-Seize-Lubricant-133/dp/B0002UEOLO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309364054&sr=8-1

• chemgoddess1

June 29, 2011 at 11:51 am

I thought that X Pole were manufactured in Korea, not China?

• Dancing Paws

June 29, 2011 at 12:27 pm

It I were designing the xpole, I would combine the x-pole, PS and lil mynx pro-lite styles. The pro lite is 2 poles, but the top pole and an extension at the bottom that is a smaller width than the bottom pole, so it slides right snigly into the bottom pole. It has larger "pins" in the extension, so the pole won't turn and the pins won't slip out of place. Couple that with the xpole extension/ adjustor cover and give it a pin like PS for spin mode and you have one rad pole.

• JeHanne

June 29, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Thank you Ophidia for the info regarding boxing the dome in. 

• Dancing Paws

June 29, 2011 at 11:17 pm

I brought the joint issue up to xpole today. They said that ever since they redesigned the joint, they haven't been getting complaints. I hope they did fix the problem. They redesigned it right after I bought my pole, so I think I have the "better joints."

• Ophidia

June 29, 2011 at 11:30 pm

@Jehann you’re welcome! Does it make sense? I haven’t gotten a chance to take a picture yet..

• MissKitty83

June 30, 2011 at 7:35 am

@sensualscimitar – When did you buy your pole?  I bought mine and recieved it the end of April.  I haven't had any problems with my x-joints getting stuck, though I did have one rotate. I'm thinking I perhaps didn't have it tight enough, but the one joint that rotated is damaged.  Now I'm curious if I got one out of the 'good batch' or the 'bad batch'

As for the weight of the pole, mine is very heavy, and the pole itself seems fairly thick and sturdy.  I've had no problems with sharp edges or the joints flaring.

Page 1 of 5