StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Why I will never buy an X-Pole

• Webmaster

Administrator
    March 15, 2012 at 8:38 pm

@Rixi – Yes she has the X-Stage Lite and a normal X-Stage and loves them both.

• PixiLouBell

March 15, 2012 at 8:45 pm

ok that makes me feel better, the multi piece poles just worry me a little more period and this post didnt help lol but im sure it will b great i hav heard lots of goods abt the stages. thanks!

• PixiLouBell

March 15, 2012 at 8:45 pm

***x stages***

• GG357

March 15, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Rixi, don’t worry! I’ve had my x stage lite since last fall and I still love it!

• PixiLouBell

March 15, 2012 at 9:09 pm

great to kno akride! thnx for the respone! 🙂

• PixiLouBell

March 15, 2012 at 9:10 pm

response**** wow phone lol

• tarah

March 15, 2012 at 9:11 pm
  • Dancing Paws

March 15, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Rixi- I think you are fine. I have only heard good things about the stage. Also, you are getting a 45, which has thicker walls. All the issues I had with my 50 were bc the walls of the pole pieces were too thin.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 15, 2012 at 9:27 pm

@ sensualscimitar…remember that X pole, is always updating and improving so just because you had a problem doesn't mean the next person will. 

• chemgoddess1

March 15, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Rixi, I had 8 XSL where I taught.  I do have a write up about the issues that I had with mine, but most were due to inexperienced people setting up and tearing down the poles.  I will also add that XPole takes any issue very seriously.  When people had issues with the original design of the XJoint they took it back to engineering and they now have a totally different version of it on the market.  Issues that were happening 6 months ago you would be hard pressed to see now.  Above all else, I can honestly say that every single issue I had they fixed for me.

ANY problem that people have needs to go back to the manufacturer.  In my experience XPole, PS and LM will do whatever they can to remedy the situation.  People who just complain about a product without contacting customer service are not helping the rest of us.  You may have a fluke of manufacturing or there may be a genuine issue that needs to be addressed.  Without allowing manufacturers to know the issues they have no idea something needs to be fixed.  This is true for any product you purchase not just poles.

• Dancing Paws

March 15, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I am aware of that. I not trying to claim that people will have the same problems as me. I know there are plenty of girls who love their x’s, some even owning the same one as me and never have issues with them. I know they have fixed a lot of the problems, and I think that is great. They did tell me not too long ago that they do not plan on thickening the walls of the 50s. Thin pole walls were why I had such problems with mine. That issue is not present in the 45s, and a lot of the girlies with 45s love them. Not trying to bash x pole at all; just sharing my experience. 🙂

• Dancing Paws

March 15, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Btw, as I mentioned earlier, I’ve heard mostly good things about thf x stage.

• Dancing Paws

March 15, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Hahaha! Chem, I I can’t even count how many times I’ve called xpole and ps going “oh my god is this normal? Help!” they all know me now…

• JeHanne

March 15, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I had issues with my X Pole X joint stripping and spinning and had to replace it. Even though that was considered 'user error' it resulted in me having additional expenses to replace the stripped joint. The finish on my X Pole has also started to bubble. It has still been a very structurally sound product.

I have an X Stage lite and I love it. I have not had any issues with that product. That stage takes abuse and then some. I think it looks sexy!

I also have Platinum Stages single piece poles that I love and have the ceiling mount in my home for those. I use my PS poles almost daily.

I feel each brand has its advantages and disadvantages. There are many things to consider when you invest in a pole, multi piece, single piece, finish, stage or pole, tension mount, permanent mount, semi permanent mount… the great thing about multiple manufacturers is that you have multiple options.

• RavAbabeE

June 27, 2012 at 8:35 am

My instructor has an XSL, unfortunatly the spinny mode option has jammed & is unusable but its fine in static. At home I have an R pole, any of you guys heard of this free standing pole? My first pole was an X pole which was really well made & I never had any problems with but this was a few years ago when they were top loading. I love my R Pole, wouldnt have anything else.

Page 4 of 5