StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Would you recommend the lessons on here!?

• vamp79

February 14, 2011 at 8:58 am

I have bought the monthly membership twice and loved the lessons. Waiting for some money to clear my paypal account so that I can get the year long membership. I will still go to my local studio since I dont have a lot of space for extended leg spins, if I did I would be happy to learn by Veena’s lessons alone. She has so many lessons on here for moves that I never learned or even seen at the studio.

• litlbit

February 14, 2011 at 9:34 am

I have purchased the lessons yearly since Veena started offering them!  I own my studio and teach…I find them invaluable for a teaching reference as well as working on my own stuff…since there is no one here to teach me the advanced moves….and what's wonderful is they are available 24/7 and there is always something new and or updated versus a DVD that becomes outdated!   It is the BEST investment I've made in my business!! 

• Sair

February 14, 2011 at 11:11 am

I take classes at a studio 3x week, but Veena's lessons are a fantastic option if you have a pole at home!

She breaks the movements down prefectly and emphasizes the correct muscle group to use when performing, doesn't seem all that important when you're starting out, but man is it helpful when you're trying to perfect a move.

You should try out SV's lessons for a month and see what you think 😉

• anna2422

February 14, 2011 at 12:13 pm

I teach at a local studio, and YES, VEENA's lessons are WONDERFUL.  Not only do they do a very thorough breakdown of the moves, they identify which muscle groups are used.  I have also found that in teaching pole, one person can tell/show you how to do something and another person can tell/show you the exact same move, but sometimes you 'GET' what one person says, and not the other one. If that makes any sense at all.  So either stand alone, or with your local studio, I say GET the membership.  Another great thing, is when you learn a new trick, say at the studio, sometimes you forget it when you get home, with VEENA, she is ready to teach you, whenever you need her.   Wow, do I sound like a commercial or what? lol

• Aquarius80

February 15, 2011 at 10:04 am

I would definitely recommend VEENA’s membership. Personally it is an awesome investment & has saved me a lot of money. There aren’t any pole studios in my area. It’s almost taboo here (though we have the Larry Flynt Hustler Club…go figure). I was gassing up my SUV driving 300 miles to another city(Dallas) to take lessons on the weekends. With the cost of classes, gas, hotel stay & food, I was spending $250 each trip at the least. But it was worth it knowing I’m trying to open the first studio in my area. My teacher (whom I love to death) recommended I join this community & now I’m not having to travel as much. Praying for you a speedy recovery sweetie.

• Jenn PoleLush

February 15, 2011 at 11:45 am

I have NO studio near me so when I started poling a year and a half ago there was only some random…and NOT very good YT tutorials..there are exceptions but who has time to rifle through all the crap on YT? And then I joined SV and the lessons and I LOVE them.  Love how the new website has them organized and the additions of strength training and some routines …it's perfect. 'Nuff said.  Excellent investment. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• SashaMae

February 15, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Yes! Her lessons are unique and very easy to follow. I bought the two month package and I couldn’t be happier. I don’t think I would’ve progressed as fast without them!!

• Layla Duvay

February 15, 2011 at 8:43 pm

*sings* Get the lessons, the lessons, the good Veena lessons, the lessons, the lessons, the good Veena lessons, the lessons, the lessons, the good Veena lessons, you'll never regret it, you'll never despair (to the tune of "The Irish Washerwoman").

I LOVE 'em and wouldn't be without 'em!!!

• Minnow

February 15, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Maxine, I was in a similar position as you are, except my hang-up was that I had left my pole at  the studio I was helping out and then could not get it disassembled for about two months after that. (Pesky old threaded type pole.) So now that I'm getting back into it, I'm veeerrryyy rusty. Things that used to be second nature to me like wrist sits (I ate s*** the first time I tried it once getting the pole up at home) and inverts are suddenly difficult again and I was struggling to even make my spins look as graceful as they used to be. Calluses gone, muscle tone gone…hey…where did I pick up these extra 5 pounds?

Then I finally broke down. I paid the darn $20 and stopped surfing youtube and member videos, trying to break things down. And man, was it worth it. She breaks down the points of contacts, exactly how to position your limbs/body, and she's just plain cute to watch, to boot. I couldn't be more happy, and it's wonderful to progress a bit as I slowly build up my strength and flexibility and get back some of that "bruise proofness" that I'm lacking now. I like going through the categories (beginner and intermediate for me so far) after my warmup and doing the moves as kind of a "checklist" watch the video, do the move – yes I can do that one! When I get to one I'm rusty at, I'll go through Veena's steps and break it down, figure out what I need to improve and most past it. I'm working on my Gemini right now, gotta build up that knee pit toughness!

Go for it, when you think the timing is best for you!

• sjholbert

February 16, 2011 at 9:33 am

I have really enjoyed the lessons also.  I watch them over and over.  Throughout the day I will watch the moves I want to work on that night.  I take lessons at a studio but I think Veena does a better job explaining each move than my teacher.  Veena will mention a small movement or placement of an arm or leg that will suddenly make you get it. 

Veena, I would recommend that you have a sample lesson or two available for public viewing so people who are considering whether to purchase can watch and see your teaching style.  I know when I was trying to decide whether to purchase I looked all over your site and on youtube to see if I could find a video by you.  I didn't find one, but finally decided to take a chance and buy anyway.  But watching a sample video would make the decision easier and perhaps tip some in the direction of subscribing.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 16, 2011 at 9:38 am

I do have sample lessons they are on YouTube and on the lessons page 

• poleluvndallas

February 16, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I have been using veena’s videos for about two months in conjunction with my studio training, my art of pole videos, and my most recent acquisition is the bespun set. when I just can’t get a move in class,I always come home and look through veenas lessons for an alternate way to learn. it works every time. each instructor teaches different moves in different order and in different ways. veena gives clear simple to follow instruction, which is easy for me to get. plus, art of pole doesn’t teach you how to booty pop! veena teaches alot of transition work that I need to move from one move to the next, and I love the variety.

• Evie Bloom

February 17, 2011 at 4:22 am

After watching the free sample butterfly lesson I am so going to be subscribing as soon as I have the cash.

At my pole classes I am learning the half hand spring and am struggling a bit. I have had my bottom hand placed wrong which has been putting too much stress on my fore arm!!

I am going to start from the very beginning lesson wise to catch any bits I have missed and more importantly pick up on all the bad habits I have which can cause injury! 

• willowbreath

February 17, 2011 at 6:51 am

Veena's lessons are amazing and she breaks everything down into "baby steps" to make it easier to learn. I've been using them and love them. Kudos on the augmentation, I had mine done in December 2009 and am tickled daily.

• PoleNerd

February 18, 2011 at 11:01 am

I had been stalking Veena and her site for over a year, dying to pole, and I finally got my first pole a few months ago. I have been trying to teach myself since then.

I finally bought Veena's lessons the other night (Gold Membership), and I already love them. They give so much more motivation, and enable you to review again and again, at your own pace. They have also helped me backtrack on some learned moves to make sure I am doing them properly.

The best part if that you have access to ALL the levels – so if I am feeling brave, I can move onto an intermediate move – or at least see how a move is executed (and realize I am not ready whatsoever to attempt it!)

Page 2 of 3