StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X-pole and pole space advice

• X-pole and pole space advice

Posted by nikkistrand9707 on April 2, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Hi all,

I haven’t poled since Nov due to injury on my ankle (injury healed ages ago but have put off getting back to fitness and not a fan of my local studio) so have now been off the pole longer than I was on it in the first place!!!!!

Despite that I’ve been watching pole videos and checking in on SV nearly every day (pole has really worked its way under my skin!) and have managed to talk my hubby round to letting me get a pole 😄 (He’s paranoid I’m going to bring the ceiling down and we’re in rented accommodation…). I’ve also found two new studios near me that I can try – looking forward to getting back on it!

The largest space I can find in my house is in my kitchen and is roughly 7ft x 7ft 8 inch (3.5m x 3m) and I’m fairly sure there’s a joist more or less in the middle (going to have to figure out for sure) I know space has been discussed on here before but do you think it will be enough space? I’m 5ft 3inch tall (160cm)

Also I may be able to get my hands on an 50mm Xpert but I’ve been told it’s stuck on spin (I’m assuming there’s a threading issue in the base) and that it has no extensions. I’ve been told that extensions aren’t available as it’s an old X-pert but looking on X-pole website they have extensions and X-joints for the old 2010-2013 poles…… Does anyone know if there was an older version of the X-pert before then? Wondering if I can just get the extensions or if it’s safer to get a new pole altogether if it’s not working properly?

Niks x

nikkistrand9707 replied 8 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jenn1989

April 2, 2016 at 9:52 pm

My pole is in my small kitchen! It’s not an ideal amount of space, but it does the trick. I have to move my table, I can only climb one time, and I can’t do certain tricks in every direction (extended butterfly, for example), but it’s better than having no pole. My house is only 650 sq ft, and I don’t go to the local studio anymore because I have a pretty bad chrome allergy. I’d say go for it 🙂

• Kobajo84

April 3, 2016 at 3:17 am

The older xpoles were not xperts. They didn’t have the x-joints that xperts have so taking apart the A and B poles could prove almost impossible. There were many times my husband and I struggled to separate them. After much struggling, I was eventually able to get mine apart prior to selling my original 50mm. As far as parts, xpole may be able to help you. I know they do not have parts listed on their website but if you call them and ask they may have a base available. Couldn’t hurt to try. The original xpoles were put together from the top and the xpert models are advanced from the bottom of the pole. Not sure how the pole can be stuck on spin as the threading is at the top. It’s been awhile since I’ve had my original so I can’t quite remember what was all going on with the base.

• nikkistrand9707

April 4, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Jenn1989: thanks for your reply! After watching your videos I’m totally inspired to make my space work – you dance beautifully and from your videos I can’t tell you feel that you’re struggling for space! Providing I can find the damn joist a pole will definitely be going in!!!!!!
    Kobajo84….. I’ve been told it’s definitely an xpert so I’m guessing it’s just the old 2010-2013 style. I might just get my hands on it and figure out if it is the older one and the contact x-pole about what parts I’d need and check they’d feel it was still safe for use. I could be wrong about the base and spin / static screws. After looking at the xpole setup videos i thought the spin/static screws were on the bottom and made the assumption that the base you be stuck if it jammed in static mode. Thank you for the info – really useful to know how the old ones work and should be able to figure out exactly what style it is once I see it.

Thanks for your help ladies 😊