StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Xpole, lil’minx or Pussycat?

• Xpole, lil’minx or Pussycat?

Posted by Cat Lady on April 9, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Well hello everyone,
    This forum looks fantastic and can’t wait to have a proper look around. I’m a complete newbie but was instantly hooked so am making a semi-impulse purchase of a new pole. I’m wondering whether to go for Xpole, Lil Minx or am Aussie brand (I’m an Australian Miss) called Pussycat Poles (see link below)
    http://www.thepussycatpole.com.au/

I own my own place, am slightly overweight (chubby minx) and am not that concerned with budgetary constraints).

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I’m terrified of falling so safety and ease of transition between the stainless steal poles in class are the two main concerns. Also, I can’t lift myself up yet but am doing some pushups etc to build upper body strengh.

Thanks in advance to any advice givers!

Love Medium Edie Beale xx

VanillaryPuff replied 13 years, 5 months ago 12 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • Madfelice

April 9, 2011 at 10:39 pm

The place I go to for lessons has Pussycat poles in brass in all four of their studios and I have never seen a problem with them.  They switched to them last year from X-Poles, mostly because they are local and at that stage X-Pole didn't have a brass pole available and the owner loves brass.  I myself have a brass X-Pole and love it, ut if I were buying I would probably get a Pussycat one simply to support local industry, and I know that they are a quality product having seen them in action and used them myself.  

Hope my two cents worth helps!

• Runemist34

April 10, 2011 at 3:51 am

I'm an owner of a Lil'Minx pole, and I certainly find that it fits my needs. I could wish for it to be slightly taller…but then, that would also mean raising my ceilings 😉 They work  really well with carpet, if you have it (which I do for now, but I'm moving and the new place will not be carpet), but also have feet on them if you don't. I've never had my pole fall down on me…and trust me, I whip around that thing pretty fast! I'm 175lbs, and I don't budge it!

It's stainless steel (or chrome, I can never tell which; whatever they sell) and I don't find it overly slippery or overly sticky. I know they also sell powder coated ones, and I've not tried them yet…though I'd like to!

Lil' Minxes, as far as I know, do not have spinning poles. Mine doesn't spin, at least!

I've heard a lot of good things about the X-pole, of course, though I wonder about the very wide base on it. I suppose I would get used to it! 

I hope that, whatever you choose, you are incredibly satisfied! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• Jewelwolf

April 10, 2011 at 10:55 pm

I have three Lil Mynx poles: all two inch diameter, one stainless steel, one stationary powder paint coated black, and one spinning pink one.  I prefer the stainless steel for spins, and the other two for tricks and climbs (I can do it on the SS, but it's more work).  I love the convenience of them.

• Cat Lady

April 11, 2011 at 1:12 am

Thank you everyone for all the great advice! So helpful. xx

• ennifer2277

April 11, 2011 at 1:51 am

I'm an Xpole owner of the Xpert and love it but am pretty tiny.  I taught someone a bunch of spins on it who was a good 180lbs, and honestly, it made me very nervous since the pole flexed a LOT.  Everything gripped well and the base and top didn't budge, but then again we have very rough ceiling for it to grip with and also carpet on the floors.  Don't know if all poles do this and maybe it's no biggy, but I know for sure I've never seen a pole bend so much in the middle from simple spins!

Jen

• nymphdancer

April 11, 2011 at 7:17 am

Xpoles are rated for much heigher weight then the lil minx. I have one of each in my house. I love my x pole 🙂 the x is chrome which is grippier. The minx is SS which for me is slick as can be. My x has spin mode which is fun and doesn't make that "clang" noise the minx does from the double tubes.

• minicoopergrl

April 11, 2011 at 9:06 am

I have a Xpole Xpert 50mm in Chrome.  I love it just wish I could have a new location for it with higher ceilings. 

Im 250lbs and I dont have any issues with it bowing or being nervous that its going to fall on me. 

• Sam I am

April 11, 2011 at 9:55 am

I have three X-poles two chrome 50's (old style) and a tg 45(new style with the smaller base)  and I love them all…have had people I would guess to be close to 200lbs on them and have had no problems at all 🙂 The chrome ones seem to have more sticky to them then the tg …but I love the 45 …I have small hands and it works much better for me 🙂

• Cat Lady

April 11, 2011 at 10:33 am

Thanks so much again guys…I’m thinking of starting with the XPole pro. I think that since all the girls in my class are super skinny I’ve developed a complex about being a ‘bigger girl’. Not to mention the instructor referring to me as such! I’m actually 113lb which from what I’ve been reading on this forum isn’t an obstacle at all so I’m going to waltz in with my head held high next week and just do my own thing! 😉
    Xx

• Cat Lady

April 11, 2011 at 11:22 am

So I ordered the Xpole xpert in chrome and was delighted/amused to see they offer as a salutation title ‘rev’. Love the idea of pole dancing reverends!

• Sam I am

April 11, 2011 at 11:26 am

113!!!!! That is skinny!!!! Wish I was that tiny!!! Always hold your head up proud! And I think you will love your X pole 🙂

• Cat Lady

April 11, 2011 at 11:39 am

Lol…wasn’t fishing for compliments but thanks SamIAm!
    xx

• Dancing Paws

April 11, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I have used the LM stainless steel spinners and the x-pole TG spinner. I like the feel of the spin on the x-pole better. The LM makes a noise, and the outward force is really strong that all I can do is grip the pole, I can't climp it or even pull my arms in. I feel like I am going to go flying off the pole! On the x-pole, the outward force is minor and I can still do stuff on it. I think the spin mode is more controlled than the LM spinner.

As plain poles go, I like the convenience of LM setup and take down, but you can't hide it very well if you take it down since it is a big tube. I like being able to tuck my x-pole away.

As far as materials go, I like the x-pole TG better since I have super sweaty hands and I live in a more humid climate. I did okay with the LM SS in a drier climate, but I still always felt like I was going to go flying off.

• Jewelwolf

April 11, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Lil Mynx is offering the Petite size with more options now!  It's not on the site yet, but you can order them over the phone:

Petite Color Original: 8-9' $199, 9-10' $219

Petite Color Rotator: 8-9' $249, 9-10' $269

Petite Stainless Rotator 8-9' $299, 9-10' $319

I might get a rotating SS and color one for me!

• verucablue

April 11, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I really like my Lil mynx powder coated spinning pole and haven't had any issues with it…I have a PS spinning pole as well (older modle) and it's great but kind of a pain to put up and down plus it's slicker

Page 1 of 2