• arnica

Posted by HollySatine on June 4, 2011 at 11:55 am

Is there a difference between the effectiveness of arnica ointment, cream, gel, and pill forms? I just bought arnica gel which is supposed to be quickly absorbed, but since it’s kind of watery I was wodering if it would be more or less effective than something that sat on the skin? Also, does it only work to prevent bruising, or would it help bruises you already have to go away? Does it permanently or temporarily reduce tenderness associated with bruising, or does it mainly minimize the appearance of bruising? (The box it came in was kind of vague.)

JBStarryEyedGirl replied 13 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Might Grip

June 5, 2011 at 9:52 am

Hi HollySatine,

We have been a distributor of Arnicare products for the past couple of years. Arnica is NOT a preventative for bruising. It will alleviate and help speed the healing of bruising and sore muscles.

The gel has a cooling effect as it is alcohol based where as the cream (non-greasy) and ointment (greasy) will have a warming effect. We have found the gel to be the best seller as it dries very quickly. 

The tablets work internally to also help speed the healing process and also reduce swelling from bruising and will also reduce the discoloration from the bruise. 

If you have any further question please contact me at sales@mightygrip.com

Joel

• HollySatine

June 5, 2011 at 9:53 am

Thanks for the info Joel! 🙂

• Might Grip

June 5, 2011 at 10:01 am

My pleasure. We also carry another product for brusing and muscle soreness by the name of Super Blue stuff. I have samples of that item if you would like to try it. 

Just send an address I will put one in the mail to you.

Joel

• JBStarryEyedGirl

June 7, 2011 at 10:33 am

Hey Holly,

I like to use both internal arnica, like the homeopathic pills that go under the tongue to be dissolved, and I make my own arinica oil and arnica balm that I can apply directly to the bruised area. I buy dried arnica online and then steep it with dried lavender in sunflower oil for 3-4 weeks. Then I filter it, and heat half of it with beeswax to make a thick balm that is better for use on dry skin. As opposed to the oil, which I normally use after a shower and my skin is slightly damp.