StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions aurelian sports pole

• aurelian sports pole

Posted by Dancing Paws on May 18, 2014 at 10:11 am

I know this pole was brought up before, but in a different thread. I figured I’d start a thread on it specifically. I’m curious as to whether any of you guys in the UK, AUS, or China have purchased one and your thoughts. I am intrigued by a 38mm multi piece as Platinum Stages has not been able to make that combo work. I’m wondering about stability and safety of the pole.

https://www.aureliansports.com/

chriswarner replied 9 years, 11 months ago 7 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • RobynPoleDancer

May 19, 2014 at 5:33 am

Most of the people who have ordered one in the UK are still waiting for them to arrive. There was a “FAULTY” batch which meant they may have to wait over another month.
    I know one person who has received one who said she would write an honest review.
    I am worried because the manufacturers have been so vague about them, and lots of questions about them have not been answered.

I did hear that they were supposed to be used for a competition recently, but they were deemed unsafe and the competition was cancelled.

I want to be positive about new poles to the industry, competition for the big manufacturers can only be a good thing. But it sounds like a lot of kinks need to be worked out.

• polesilks

May 25, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Interesting post. We have not seen anything about this here in the UK. Maybe you should contact them direct and ask them to make a comment for this post.

As a new manufacture in the Pole industry and having been innovative with Polesilks we have being working on a New Pole system and although that was the simple part from Pete’s engineering background and the testing has proved very positive in the way that the poles are fixed together and then tighten without any tools. The joint design is amazing and has always come apart when ever it has been tested in any situation. The difficult part is bringing this to market.

We have been working on a stage design for some time using this new joint technology and its very close now but all the testing for the Stage Pole has not been conclusive 100+% and until we are happy with its performance and safety we will not put this to market.

If you would like to know please visit us http://www.polesilks.co.uk/stage-pole/

Polesilks Sales Team

• Jadey21

May 28, 2014 at 9:19 am

I don’t know if the first batch were ‘faulty,’ as someone who has one has said it was a pre-order and the official launch isn’t until June. They were doing a special offer for pole studios and instructors, but they were all classed as pre-orders apparently. I agree with Robyn, we need more competition in the industry so hopefully Aurelian Sports and Polesilks can mix things up!

• Genbob

November 23, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Any update on these? Apparently they’ve fixed the issues they had with the pole and I’m curious to know if anyone has one and what they think of it?

• Pinkkupcakez

November 24, 2014 at 7:30 pm

I have the platinum stages single piece 38mm and I love it for handsprings and stuff. Thigh holds are challenging tho.

• chriswarner

November 25, 2014 at 5:42 am

I bought the 45mm version two months ago and I have been very pleased with it. I have a lot of grip problems as I sweat a lot and the polished brass works well for me, the build quality is also good. I have several poles at home and this has now become my favourite.

• Genbob

November 25, 2014 at 7:43 am

Thanks for replying guys. Do you use it much on spin mode and how did you find putting it up?

• chriswarner

November 25, 2014 at 9:40 am

Yes I use on both spin and static, spin bearings are smooth and the change between modes is similar to X-pole, using a hex key. Putting pole up is straight forward, the pole pieces screw together and there is a tommy bar provided that engages in cross drilled holes near each joint that greatly facilitates subsequent dismantling.