StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions best material for an outdoor pole?

• best material for an outdoor pole?

Posted by missvivi on November 7, 2010 at 6:11 am

So I’m still researching the sort of pole that I want, I’m pretty sure I’m going to give Markstaar a try. I sure haven’t found a whole lot of information on them online but it looks pretty reasonable and I’ll post a review once I’ve got it set up to help out other people.

But my question now is that I’m going to have to put it on my back porch because there’s really no space anywhere inside. This porch has a nice, solid wood deck and roof so I’m not worried about that for installation, but it does have open sides and I live in tennessee where we have a lot of humidity, sometimes gets pretty cold (not often, but sometimes single digits in the winter nights), then gets to be very hot in the summers (100+). Since markstaar is a permanent pole I was concerned about what sort of material would hold up best to this?

I would love to have a brass for it’s gripiness but I’m afraid it will just tarnish too quickly. The company has a sort of "clear coat brass" option that they say never needs polishing but I dont know if that’ll effect its grip. Then there’s stainless and chrome. I’m thinking maybe stainless is the best bet (though I dont like how slippery its going to be). At some point I’m going to get an Xpole and this wont be an issue, but for now I’d really like a permanent. Any suggestions?

MrsNaughtywed replied 13 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • MrsNaughtywed

November 7, 2010 at 1:39 pm

I’ve been thinking about constructing and out door pole too!!! If anyone has ever made one from scratch, please let me know. My other idea was just to get the xstage and put it in my back yard.